ADVERTISEMENT

FSU finished 22nd in Total Defense (17th among P5 schools)

FSU91

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Yeah, yeah, yeah ... our defense "sucks" and we have to fire Kelly ... I get it, I get it, I get it. There can be nothing else done for some of y'all.

But here is the thing ... FSU was young on defense this year and gave up a lot of plays early in the season with an especially young defensive backfield ... but ... as the season wore on ... FSU got better and better.

FSU played the #1 toughest schedule in the nation and we still had the 17th best Total Defense rating among P5 schools.

Now that's not what we shoot for ... #17? Of course not ... we rightfully expect to have top-10 defenses. We grew used to it under Mickey Andrews and then Mark Stoops and Jeremy Pruitt gave us top-10 defenses that were top-5 in many seasons over the years as well.

17th or 22nd ... whatever you want to call it ... is not good enough.

But it's not as bad as some thought that it would be. And with us losing only two players from this year's unit then we should expect to see improvement in 2018 ... especially with James coming back. FSU will return a boatload of experience and talent.

Just wanting to post some sunshine for all of the doom and gloomers.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2016/leader/national/team/defense/split01/category10/sort01.html

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News