ADVERTISEMENT

FSU softball set to take on Tennessee for spot in WCWS Championship Series

CurtWeiler

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Staff
Aug 1, 2022
The Florida State softball team is one win away from a return to the Women's CWS Championship Series. Before the Seminoles take on Tennessee (which needs to beat them twice while FSU needs just one win), here's a preview of the Volunteers.

Reactions: AlyAnn
What section will the Noles be in? I’ve seen Sydney Sherill there twice now. My seats are in section 15

Oklahoma beat Stanford 4-2 in nine innings and advances to the WCWS Championship Series with its 51st straight win.

FSU-Tennessee is set for a 7 p.m. start on ESPN and the Seminoles need just one win in two games to join OU.

Who starts pitching tonite
It's an interesting question. The case can be made that FSU should approach this like it did the South Carolina day in the regional round and try to win Game 1 without Kat Sandercock and then only throw Kat in Game 2 if necessary.

However, it's also probably tempting to throw Kat and try to end things in Game 1 with your best arm in the circle.

We should know the answer in a few hours.

It's an interesting question. The case can be made that FSU should approach this like it did the South Carolina day in the regional round and try to win Game 1 without Kat Sandercock and then only throw Kat in Game 2 if necessary.

However, it's also probably tempting to throw Kat and try to end things in Game 1 with your best arm in the circle.

Win one of the two!!! Of course. I've gained new respect for decision makers. I'd not want to decide the starter for tonight. A definite advantage not to have to play a second game. The weather forecast looks good. Mighty proud of their play and behavior. Go, Noles!

You have to believe this is what will happen since this kept Kat fresh and stronger throughout the season.

It makes sense for Mack to start tonight, but my hunch we’ll be seeing Reid again. I’m looking for her to have a stronger outing this go around as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT