ADVERTISEMENT

Fuller…Fuller….

jhnoles6602

Veteran Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Apr 21, 2018
I have to admit it was so satisfying seeing our D play yesterday even if was just SU. D reminded me of ole school Mickey D flying around sideline to sideline wreckless with no seat belts and arrive with bad intentions. We finally got to see a well schemed, executed and dominating D against SU. As much fun as it was watch for us our D players were playing that same excitement and it showed. They were flying around the football, making big play after big play, always one step ahead. Last night’s D reminded me of our 13’ team.

I mentioned last week in a thread that having a dominant offense / defense required more than just the Jimmy and Joes you must have an Elite coordinators or what I like to call it’s “It Factor” b/c you can t spell EL - IT -E without IT. Fuller was in the zone for yesterday from disguising Blitz/Coverages, making adjustments on the fly in game. It’s a beautiful thing to watch unfold. He made SU one dimensional. The pressure didn’t allow deep routes to develop thus allowed our DBs to sit on short routes more which allowed them to be in a position to jump routes, get PBUs, in pos to make INTs. By default this allows DBs be in pos to help in run game. Our front 6/7 were finally able to show what they can do and that is take over a game and make you like it!!

Side Note: Want to give my boy DJ Lundy on his best game to date as had a score of 90.4 on the game.

I feel like as much as we loved it. I feel “hope” Fuller seeing this game plan unfold and essentially along with how much our players dominated. I’m hoping yesterday will be the beginning of the end of the bend don’t break philosophy to “Snap make ‘em Crap” defense! !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News