ADVERTISEMENT

Game Broadcast Sound Effects?

squiffynole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Sep 19, 2005
Tallahassee
I love the spectacle of college football, the sights and sounds are pure joy. But I'm starting to realize how the background sounds on broadcasts are manipulated.

For instance, the crowd was continuously loud on my TV when the Canes played the Huskers at Sunlife but when they showed the stands there were 50,000 scattered, sitting fans. During the game yesterday when the Noles would gain momentum all of a sudden I could hear the Chiefs playing the Warchant, otherwise I did not hear much of our band.

Its like they have microphones here and there and a dramatics-director at the control board.

I guess that's just show business.

Wait, the Clemson crowd at Death Valley got quiet when they were on offense and we did something well?

Wait, the Clemson crowd at Death Valley got quiet when they were on offense and we did something well?

I m trying to say the broadcast industry boosters its game marketing and validates the game day annoucing narratives by emphasising selected visuals and layering in supportive audio.

I've always noticed most ACC games sound like they're being played in small stadiums full of unenthusiastic fans who care much more about basketball than football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT