ADVERTISEMENT

Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge suggestions please

Yessir, lots of good spots over that way. The only place with more pancake places is Myrtle Beach, with Williamsburg, Va. trailing in a far distant third. Glad y'all had a good trip.

Ah but Mama Steve's trumps IHOP.

Well we are headed back there again. The kids had a great time so we are doing this vacation again. Hoping to do some different things like Dollywood; some different hikes and stuff. More recommendations are welcome.

Great place for small kids. Lots of pancake houses, arcades, rides, putt-putt courses, dinner shows, buffets, go-carts, attractions, etc.

Reactions: Nole Daddy
Great place for small kids. Lots of pancake houses, arcades, rides, putt-putt courses, dinner shows, buffets, go-carts, attractions, etc.
I have a 14 year old and 12 year and they loved it. Mostly for the hiking but they love the touristy stuff too.

I really highly rec Dollywood even if you hate country musical and white gospel (if you love either then it is an absolute must do). It's one of my favorite theme parks in the US as it's a really pleasant day. There are better themed parks (Universal and Islands of Adventure), parks with a better collection of rides (Six Flags Magic Mountain, Cedar Point) and parks that are more beautiful to walk around (BG Williamsburg) but it has a nice combo of rides, a nice selection of shows, great food and a really pleasant park to walk around. I've taken skeptics before including a really picky and complainy sister in law and everyone has really enjoyed it.
Tribe, last year we didn’t make it to DollyWood, but this year (yesterday) we went, and thanks for the recommendation. We loved it, and the whole family had a great time. It’s a clean nice park, and we enjoyed everything about it. And what is great is I did not hear one pop/ bro country song that is played on the radio these days. That to me was fantastic.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Take the rental van across the Tail of the Dragon and have lunch at Deals Gap. Tree of Shame if you've never seen it always results in pictures and laughs. Cherahola Skyway is a great drive.
But take it slow it’ll sneak up on you

Reactions: funksouljon
Tribe, last year we didn’t make it to DollyWood, but this year (yesterday) we went, and thanks for the recommendation. We loved it, and the whole family had a great time. It’s a clean nice park, and we enjoyed everything about it. And what is great is I did not hear one pop/ bro country song that is played on the radio these days. That to me was fantastic.

Glad you enjoyed it! Hopefully you were able to grab some of their iced cinnamon bread at the windmill made from fresh ground wheat. If not, catch it next time.

Reactions: Nole Daddy
Glad you enjoyed it! Hopefully you were able to grab some of their iced cinnamon bread at the windmill made from fresh ground wheat. If not, catch it next time.
I did not get the cinnamon bread but I sure smelled it. Next time I will get it.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT