ADVERTISEMENT

Get Shorty (tv series)

DanC78

Veteran Seminole Insider
Aug 29, 2003
good little show based off the movie. Season 1 is on Netflix now. It originally aired on FXX.

Reminds me a little bit of Breaking Bad, not as good as BB, but what shows are.

Here is trailer to series. Worth a binge watch if you are looking for something over the holidays.

and forgive if we’ve already discussed.

Late catching up to this one, just finished season 1 last night. I'd say it's a Good show, likable characters, plenty of good villains and plenty of "unfortunate circumstances".

We finished the season, then I Googled season 2 and learned it is on Epix channel, which is an added premium channel And season 2 just ended. Went ahead and added the channel so I we could binge through season 2 now, on heels of Season 1.

Good show, overall. Really liked Ray Romano.

So far, season 2 is lacking some of the magic of season 1 but I'm only 1 episode in.

Reactions: DanC78
Finished season 1. Agree with the comparison to Breaking Bad only not as good, less dark, more fun / quirky.

Easy to watch, don't have to be hyper focused on every line.

Reactions: dmm5157
Late catching up to this one, just finished season 1 last night. I'd say it's a Good show, likable characters, plenty of good villains and plenty of "unfortunate circumstances".

We finished the season, then I Googled season 2 and learned it is on Epix channel, which is an added premium channel And season 2 just ended. Went ahead and added the channel so I we could binge through season 2 now, on heels of Season 1.

Good show, overall. Really liked Ray Romano.

So far, season 2 is lacking some of the magic of season 1 but I'm only 1 episode in.

Nice, you can order a free trial of EPIX and binge watch season 2.

My wife just finished season 1, she is now a big fan as well.

I'm 4 episodes into Season 2 now, after episode 1 it picks up steam really fast. Getting interesting now.

I’m halfway through season 2,equally as good if not better.

All the characters have developed nicely. None of them get on my nerves or makes me feel impatient when it comes to their storyline.

Really enjoying this show.

Damn I'm gonna have to get myself a free trial for epix, arent I.

Not sure. Season one is on Netflix. Can't guarantee season two will be added, but would make sense.

Meanwhile, this thread persuaded me to try out the series, but Epic on Sling TV began with fourth episode of first season. So I'm back to season one on Netflix. Maybe if you get Epix from some other source, it will have the complete two seasons?

By the way, I agree with those who've recommended it, though I'm only through four or five of the first episodes so far.

If you do check out Epix, by the way, also take a look at Berlin Station. Spy thriller that just began its third season.

I went back to watch GET SHORTY movie. Man, the show is head and shoulders so much better than the movie. I thought I'd seen it previously, but I think I mixed up a couple other movies with Get Shorty.

I went back to watch GET SHORTY movie. Man, the show is head and shoulders so much better than the movie. I thought I'd seen it previously, but I think I mixed up a couple other movies with Get Shorty.

Get Shorty the movie was good back when it originally came out in the 90s. Now when you watch, not so much.

But I’m with you. If they keep up the good writing etc for several more season, it could eventually be one of the best tv shows out there. It’s kind of wild you don’t hear more about it now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT