Gods critters...

littleitch1

Seminole Insider
Nov 26, 2008
Sometimes they just need a humans help

I saw a duck today sitting next a storm drain

So my gut told me there was a problem

Yep, one of her lil babies fell thru the grate

I called my daughter to come help while I lifted the grate( them things are super heavy)!

I lifted, she grabbed the lil booger and the mama and duckling were very happy!

It is a wonderful feeling to help someone or something when you can!

I recommend it to all of you!

I called my daughter to come help while I lifted the grate( them things are super heavy)!

Kudos! Well done.
Hopefully we can all extend that encouragement and celebration of empathy and charity to various subsets of God’s critters who are human and too frequently marginalized, demonized and sometimes worse.
Good message for sure.

I hope it wasn't a Muscovy duck. I do not like those ducks! Although I do have sucker written on my forehead so I would have done the same, even if they are not my favorites.

I hope it wasn't a Muscovy duck. I do not like those ducks! Although I do have sucker written on my forehead so I would have done the same, even if they are not my favorites.
Maybe you’ve just been preparing them wrong?

• Haha
Reactions: NoleFan2U
How come nobody is talking about iguanas? We have some big boys in our yard. The pellet gun is loaded and ready. One sucker I thought was dead but when I went to put him the bag, he moved. Had to pop another round in him. They may be Gods critters, but the sure f-up my patio! I gave one dead boy to some roofers across the street. You would have though I gave them gold by how happy they were.

How come nobody is talking about iguanas? We have some big boys in our yard. The pellet gun is loaded and ready. One sucker I thought was dead but when I went to put him the bag, he moved. Had to pop another round in him. They may be Gods critters, but the sure f-up my patio! I gave one dead boy to some roofers across the street. You would have though I gave them gold by how happy they were.
Imagine their glee if you march over there and set up a card table with mixed grill of Muscovy duck and iguana, rice & beans, yucca, plantains and ice cold cervezas.

I avoided hitting a deer on the road yesterday, does that count?

Where I live it is a weekly occurrence and many people aren't as lucky as I as there are always deer on the side of all the roads. Have a special unit to clean up the carcasses...........

Same here. They're everywhere and it's mating season.

I noticed a dead deer on the highway and started reporting them to the county to get cleaned up because no one else did.

I've probably reported 150 since 2018.

Where do you live?

Kudos! Well done.
Hopefully we can all extend that encouragement and celebration of empathy and charity to various subsets of God’s critters who are human and too frequently marginalized, demonized and sometimes worse.
Good message for sure.
Brace Yourself Here We Go GIF by MOODMAN

Where I live it is a weekly occurrence and many people aren't as lucky as I as there are always deer on the side of all the roads. Have a special unit to clean up the carcasses...........
Human or deer?
Honestly it’s why I hate driving back from Tallahassee to Jax at night. Deer are common on the sides of I-10 especially in the Lake City/Columbia County stretch because it’s so wooded.

Human or deer?
Honestly it’s why I hate driving back from Tallahassee to Jax at night. Deer are common on the sides of I-10 especially in the Lake City/Columbia County stretch because it’s so wooded.

You should try driving south down 19 late at night. The area from south of Perry to around Inglis is hazardous.

Chicken of the tree!

Cooked properly it is outstanding. Used to eat it on dive trips to the Honduran Bay Islands.

I avoid deer to save my car, not the deer.
My nephew was going to work early one morning - still dark - and a deer jumped in front of his car. He had some minor cuts from the windshield but it totaled the car and killed the deer. We are lucky we didn’t lose him.

Reactions: BrianNole777
Human or deer?
Carl Perkins of Mutual of Omaha's Wild KIngdom would agree with this message. While Jim is in the background getting his ass kicked by a rather testy mountain lion.... :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT