ADVERTISEMENT

Good affordable ACOG Sight

Semi93Nole99

Freshman
Gold Member
Sep 22, 2010
Anybody got any good recommendations on a good ACOG? Can't do Trijicon, little to expensive for me at the moment. Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Not sure if you are referring to the military ACOG that came with the SOF weapons package. Personally and everyone on my team decided on the EO-TECH. There were a lot of reasons preferred the large reticle pattern and easier to see through the site with iron sights if your batteries died. Not sure what your price range is so maybe the EO-TECH is not in it either. If you do get the EO-TECH I would recommend getting the AA batteries model. The batteries are cheaper and while this might not matter, my team wanted to have everything we could run on the same batteries so we did not have to have multiple types for everything we carried.

I was just thinking about this also. I like the EO, but would kind of like to try one out before committing the $$.

I hope some others weigh in too, interested in multiple opinions.

Ranger, did your team try others? If so which ones didn't make the cut?

I really like my Trijicon. Money wasn't an issue fortunately and I have mounted on a DanielDefense DDMv7

I've had an Aimpoint Comp M4 on my rifle for 5 years now and have never replaced the battery. When funds allow you can add a magnifier at a later date with a flip to side mount. Honestly I like this setup much more than when I had an ACOG and it is cheaper.

I really like my Trijicon. Money wasn't an issue fortunately

I distinctly recall pricing out an AR-15 build with a Trijicon ACOG in 2001. That damn war started and you started seeing them in pictures of guys over there.
Then there was a military contract and no joke, the price quadrupled (to where it still is now as a matter of fact) and they couldn't guarantee delivery.

I've had an Aimpoint Comp M4 on my rifle for 5 years now and have never replaced the battery. When funds allow you can add a magnifier at a later date with a flip to side mount.

That's exactly what I put on my rifle (3x).
Hadn't spent any dough on plinking in a while though.

Aimpoints are fantastic, especially with the magnifier.

That being said, I agree 100% with Ranger, the EoTechs are great, out to about 300 yards, and with the AA battery models, you can cheaply replace batteries when needed, and a great value, you can get one for under $450

I have one of the lithium battery ones as well, and as long as the battery is good, you are OK, but when it goes... Murphy's law says it will be when you REALLY needed it.

Not a fan of the Trijicon optics, when compared to the other two.

Just my opinion.

Keep in mind we got sights based on what our military mission was and more than likely most people buying this stuff will need the site for a different reason. We chose the EO-TECH based on ease of picking up a site picture, durability and the other things I mentioned. If I had to make a shot at 500 meters I would probably not use an EO-TECH and would prefer an ACOG; but for us if I had to make a shot at 500 meters I had other things to do that with. All can tell you is I have had my EO-TECH since 2001 and through multiple deployments it has never given me any issues.

Originally posted by NoleandDawg:
I've had an Aimpoint Comp M4 on my rifle for 5 years now and have never replaced the battery. When funds allow you can add a magnifier at a later date with a flip to side mount. Honestly I like this setup much more than when I had an ACOG and it is cheaper.
This is my approach as well.

Originally posted by RangerNole:

Keep in mind we got sights based on what our military mission was and more than likely most people buying this stuff will need the site for a different reason. We chose the EO-TECH based on ease of picking up a site picture, durability and the other things I mentioned. If I had to make a shot at 500 meters I would probably not use an EO-TECH and would prefer an ACOG; but for us if I had to make a shot at 500 meters I had other things to do that with. All can tell you is I have had my EO-TECH since 2001 and through multiple deployments it has never given me any issues.

Thank you for the insight and info guys. Much appreciated!

I guess I'm a little behind so I googled ACOG, I got:

American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists

Y'all be careful looking through those sights

Originally posted by wbnolefan:
I guess I'm a little behind so I googled ACOG, I got:

American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists

Y'all be careful looking through those sights

A - Advanced
C - Combat
O - Optical
G - Gunsight