ADVERTISEMENT

Guys/Gals realistically..........

Atarp1

All-American
Gold Member
Jul 17, 2012
1. Realistically whoever is hired we are in a better position that having Willie Taggart remain our coach for another game let alone another season. He was God awful, in over his head, and never should have been our coach! Kudos to the administration for moving swiftly to right a wrong.

2. Realistically we are a good Head Coach away from getting a competent Defensive Coordinator, and solidifying the troublesome QB position and OL. Assuming it is Norvell as DOT has recently indicated in his recent update his teams at Memphis have done very well offensively in the national rankings. I believe just improving our DC and getting better quality play from the QB position and we easily win another 2 or 3 games this year alone. In today's game of college football you win or loose with your selections of OC & DC (See Clemson, See UF now with creepy Mullen hiring competent DC).

3. Realistically with our brand name of being FSU, our tradition, and our location to top level recruits in Florida & Georgia we can be back relevant and ranked in the Top 10 within 2 or 3 years. Hell look at UF under prior coach to now under Mullen. I thought UF would be like UM in terms of mediocre play with mediocre records of 6 to 7 wins yearly. But with Mullen and his hire of their DC they are a 10 win team and these guys are still not the best recruiters.

4. Realistically we can still have top recruiting classes. I'm really dialed in with some of the local HS Coaches in Miami Dade & Broward and there are several high level kids are just waiting to see who the next FSU coach is going to be (and if Odell is still going to be there). The key here is getting good position coaches who are tied into the S. Florida HS coaches. I have a friend who's kid is a BEAST at American Heritage (one of top players in Broward County) and everybody in there mother is after this kid! FSU is in his top 5 (Ohio State leads now and Georgia is begging to get him on campus). Point is we still can recruit the top kids because of our tradition and brand name FSU, but the right coaches (HC, OC, & DC) can make the difference in being in the Top 5 and the kids signing with us.

Go Noles!!

Reactions: fsobczak
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News