ADVERTISEMENT

Has anyone found FSU sports using Fire Stick?

TDHelmick

Seminole Insider
May 29, 2001
Cumberland, MD
www.nationalchamps.net
If you are not familiar with Amazon Fire Stick I would recommend you spend about an hour to google what they do. There's other hardware like Chrome and Appel TV as well. Once you download Kodi software onto the Fire Stick or Fire TV you will never use cable or satellite service ever again. Those dadgum cable cutters are at it again :)

I'm getting the Pac 12 Network on tv finally and all the other conference networks along with some local channels in those cities, which will show many other college sports other than football for their respective school. But have not found any add-on channel that carries FSU feeds other than typical football and basketball games already on the big networks.

SportsDevil carries the big FSU sports now that they are back up and running as does NBC Sports Live Extra and some Phoenix Channels. Hoping I can find other FSU sports. Have had no luck with the CBS All-Access yet. The Phoenix add-on is insane. They have every Star Wars movie in HD including the newest The Force Awakens for viewing. How they do this and get away with it is a very interesting concept. I could elongate about the process but you need to read those things for yourself if it interests you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andre'
And as soon as I typed this message, I get the Fire Stick ad to the right of my post on Warchant. That's awesome! Those third party ad people sure know how to work the cookie system.

fire_stick.jpg

If you are not familiar with Amazon Fire Stick I would recommend you spend about an hour to google what they do. There's other hardware like Chrome and Appel TV as well. Once you download Kodi software onto the Fire Stick or Fire TV you will never use cable or satellite service ever again. Those dadgum cable cutters are at it again :)

I'm getting the Pac Ten Network on tv finally and all the other conference networks along with some local channels in those cities, which will show many other college sports other than football for their respective school. But have not found any add-on channel that carries FSU feeds other than typical football and basketball games already on the big networks.

SportsDevil carries the big FSU sports now that they are back up and running as does NBC Sports Live Extra and some Phoenix Channels. Hoping I can find other FSU sports. Have had no luck with the CBS All-Access yet. The Phoenix add-on is insane. They have every Star Wars movie in HD including the newest The Force Awakens for viewing. How they do this and get away with it is insane. I could elongate about the process but you need to read those things for yourself if it interests you.
I dropped cable and have a firestick. Love it, but don't fully understand it yet.

What is Kodi? Where do I download?

I end up getting most sports. CBS live is also the biggest issue for me.

Screw Comcast. Never again.

I dropped cable and have a firestick. Love it, but don't fully understand it yet.

What is Kodi? Where do I download?

I end up getting most sports. CBS live is also the biggest issue for me.

Screw Comcast. Never again.

Go to Kodi.tv and download the latest version for free onto your PC. Then go to YouTube and type in how to install and use Kodi and you are all set up. Very simple. Once you start downloading the repositories that carry over 3,000,000 channels you will fly. I would recommend once you know how it works on your PC, then you load Kodi onto the Fire Stick and it works the same once you plug it into your HDMI TV port.

The Phoenix add-on or the Genesis add-ons are completely insane. Bonecrusher for example (part of the Phoenix add-on) has movies where you can literally click on any year and watch every movie that hit the theatre that year in full HD. That includes every movie made in 2015 and 2016 thus far. Kindof works like Hulu or Netflix. I have never had a single buffering problem either and the quality is as good as cable. SportsDevil has the NBA TV package. Watched the Clippers and Rockets overtime live last night. What a great picture too. I'm not even getting into talking about the Live Concert series available. If it's ever been produced on film or in digital, Kodi can find it and watch it. WELCOME TO THE 21st CENTURY!!!! TV will die, everything will be internet based and on demand within the next 5 years. Bank on it. CBS has already realized it. I can watch CBS feeds from over 10 different US and Canadian cities. The same for Fox and NBC. Once you get these feeds, you no longer need the NFL Ticket at $360. And since they are local feeds there are no blackouts anymore. Every game is available on Fire Stick.

If you are going to cut your cable or satellite service, I would highly recommend Amazon Fire TV as an upgrade to Fire Stick. But that's me. Better, more storage and faster.

Last edited:
Go to Kodi.tv and download the latest version for free onto your PC. Then go to YouTube and type in how to install and use Kodi and you are all set up. Once you start downloading the repositories that carry over 3,000,000 channels you will fly. I would recommend since you know how it works on your PC, then you load Kodi onto the Fire Stick and it works the same once you plug it into your HDMI TV port.

The Phoenix add-on or the Genesis add-ons are completely insane. Bonecrusher for example (part of the Phoenix add-on) has movies where you can literally click on any year and watch every movie that hit the theatre that year in full HD. That includes every movie made in 2015 and 2016 thus far. Kindof works like Hulu or Netflix. I have never had a single buffering problem either and the quality is as good as cable. SportsDevil has the NBA TV package. Watched the Clippers and Rockets overtime live last night. What a great picture too. I'm not even getting into talking about the Live Concert series available. If it's ever been produced on film or in digital, Kodi can find it and watch it. WELCOME TO THE 21st CENTURY!!!! TV will die, everything will be internet based and on demand within the next 5 years. Bank on it. CBS has already realized it. I can watch CBS feeds from over 10 different US and Canadian cities.

If you are going to cut your cable or satellite service, I would highly recommend Amazon Fire TV as an upgrade to Fire Stick. But that's me. Better, more storage and faster.
Explain it to me like I'm 5 years old.

I download Kodi onto my Mac. Then I plug my firestick into my laptop and transfer it from the mac to the firestick, then plug firestick back into TV and it'll have all the new content?

Go to Kodi.tv and download the latest version for free onto your PC. Then go to YouTube and type in how to install and use Kodi and you are all set up. Very simple. Once you start downloading the repositories that carry over 3,000,000 channels you will fly. I would recommend once you know how it works on your PC, then you load Kodi onto the Fire Stick and it works the same once you plug it into your HDMI TV port.

The Phoenix add-on or the Genesis add-ons are completely insane. Bonecrusher for example (part of the Phoenix add-on) has movies where you can literally click on any year and watch every movie that hit the theatre that year in full HD. That includes every movie made in 2015 and 2016 thus far. Kindof works like Hulu or Netflix. I have never had a single buffering problem either and the quality is as good as cable. SportsDevil has the NBA TV package. Watched the Clippers and Rockets overtime live last night. What a great picture too. I'm not even getting into talking about the Live Concert series available. If it's ever been produced on film or in digital, Kodi can find it and watch it. WELCOME TO THE 21st CENTURY!!!! TV will die, everything will be internet based and on demand within the next 5 years. Bank on it. CBS has already realized it. I can watch CBS feeds from over 10 different US and Canadian cities. The same for Fox and NBC. Once you get these feeds, you no longer need the NFL Ticket at $360. And since they are local feeds there are no blackouts anymore. Every game is available on Fire Stick.

If this does what you are saying then it is completely illegal.

Yes. It's that easy. Make YouTube your friend. They explain it better than I could on a forum. They even have pictures, lol. Just ask YouTube "how to install kodi on my fire stick"
HOW TO INSTALL KODI ON MY FIRE STICK

Then type in HOW TO USE KODI when you're ready. This will show you how to download add-ons.

Is it illegal?...I would suggest you investigate and research those details on your own. The short answer is yes of course for some content...that is if they actually had a US law in place for this process. The differences between streaming and downloading have not been put in place. In due time I suppose. But this technology has been in full affect now for 7 years dating back to Xbox (which is where Kodi XBMC technology derived). READ is the best advice I have. Lots of forums that discuss the legality. Lots of different opinions on the topic pro and con from professionals and legal experts. This is not the same tech as bit torrent downloading and this is more an international process for the time being, which makes this a very complex subject. Is it morally wrong? I would say yes. If that part bothers you, then I would suggest using Amazon Fire Stick in limited capacity. There are some subscription based products that run like $5 to $7 per month. But that represents about 5% of the channel streams. I would also add that YouTube is every bit as illegal as Kodi XBMC on Fire Stick. Watching Pink Floyd The Wall full concert from London in HD on YouTube is definitely not a legal concept nor are the Bing Crosby Christmas specials, etc., etc., etc. Buy the DVD is you are morally bothered by it.

Me personally, I subscribe to Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime, CBS All-Access and about 10 others for a nominal monthly free. They all have the the same type of movie database which is quite extensive for the $5 or so per month. I support what those corporate visionaries are trying to do legally at a fraction of the cost of cable/satellite.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sawyer55
I have an Apple TV...can I do all the stuff you're saying through that????

Yes. It's that easy. Make YouTube your friend. They explain it better than I could on a forum. They even have pictures, lol. Just ask YouTube "how to install kodi on my fire stick"

Then type in HOW TO USE KODI when you're ready. This will show you how to download add-ons.

Is it illegal?...I would suggest you investigate and research those details on your own. The short answer is yes of course for some content...that is if they actually had a US law in place for this process. The differences between streaming and downloading have not been put in place. In due time I suppose. But this technology has been in full affect now for 7 years dating back to Xbox (which is where Kodi XBMC technology derived). READ is the best advice I have. Lots of forums that discuss the legality. Lots of different opinions on the topic pro and con from professionals and legal experts. This is not the same tech as bit torrent downloading and this is more an international process for the time being, which makes this a very complex subject. Is it morally wrong? I would say yes. If that part bothers you, then I would suggest using Amazon Fire Stick in limited capacity. There are some subscription based products that run like $5 to $7 per month. But that represents about 5% of the channel streams.

Me personally, I subscribe to Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime, CBS All-Access and about 10 others for a nominal monthly free. They all have the the same type of movie database which is quite extensive for the $5 or so per month. I support what those corporate visionaries are trying to do legally at a fraction of the cost of cable/satellite.
It doesn't bother me. I couldn't care less that anyone watches illegal content. But to act like you can watch any new movie for free or not pay for the NFL ticket without mentioning it's illegal is being disingenuous.

It doesn't bother me. I couldn't care less that anyone watches illegal content. But to act like you can watch any new movie for free or not pay for the NFL ticket without mentioning it's illegal is being disingenuous.

Agreed PrimeTime. It's illegal from a moral standpoint alone. But there are no laws yet that make it officially a penalty from all I have read. As I said though, YouTube is very much illegal in the same retrospect, just not to the same degree as to how far they push the envelope. Kodi pushes the envelope to the extreme limit.

That is why I prefer to subscribe to the services out there like Hulu. I never said I watched the new Star Wars Movie, but it is available with many others. But I did watch some NBA TV and Pac 12 Network, so where it begins and ends the illegal/morality side of it I'm not so sure. But I'm happy to know I have choices and will in the future. This new technology is almost inconceivable to me. Blew me away. As I said, if it has been recorded, you can now watch it in clarity through a high speed internet stream on demand.

When you ask me though "If this does what you are saying then it is completely illegal.". Oh it does far more than what I am saying. Every movie that is currently in the theaters...you can watch it now on your TV. That's just the tip of the iceberg. If you want the entire series of any TV Show past or present, it's there. NFL Ticket, MLB Ticket, NBA TV, NHL TV, it's there. Big Ten Network, SEC Network, every Fox Sports Net Channel, every HBO, Cinemax, Starz channel it's there. That goes for every country on the planet that broadcasts something, you can get it live or recorded. There is actually close to 5,000,000 channels available. Hoping to find an FSU channel where I can watch any FSU football game since 1980. If it's not out there yet...it's coming.

I'm not going to say it's legal or illegal, moral or not. Only stating it's there.

Last edited:

Is it illegal?...I would suggest you investigate and research those details on your own. The short answer is yes of course for some content...that is if they actually had a US law in place for this process. The differences between streaming and downloading have not been put in place. In due time I suppose. But this technology has been in full affect now for 7 years dating back to Xbox (which is where Kodi XBMC technology derived). READ is the best advice I have. Lots of forums that discuss the legality. Lots of different opinions on the topic pro and con from professionals and legal experts. This is not the same tech as bit torrent downloading and this is more an international process for the time being, which makes this a very complex subject. Is it morally wrong? I would say yes. If that part bothers you, then I would suggest using Amazon Fire Stick in limited capacity. There are some subscription based products that run like $5 to $7 per month. But that represents about 5% of the channel streams. I would also add that YouTube is every bit as illegal as Kodi XBMC on Fire Stick. Watching Pink Floyd The Wall full concert from London in HD on YouTube is definitely not a legal concept nor are the Bing Crosby Christmas specials, etc., etc., etc. Buy the DVD is you are morally bothered by it.

What is the total cost of the "nominal fees" you are paying to access those services as well as the cost of your wireless?

What is the total cost of the "nominal fees" you are paying to access those services as well as the cost of your wireless?

They all generally range from $5 to $12 per month. You can check them all out for a free week trial. Don't need a TV hooked up to the internet. Just watch them on your PC or mobile device. Try CBS All-Access http://www.cbs.com/all-access/
At least they have all the Star Trek original episodes for free :)

I have a mxbox. I love it but my Genesis program stop streaming recently and I can't figure out why

Wow! Wife and I were just discussing how we might drop the satellite, but not having enough info to make a decision and now this comes along. Don't want to tread on any copyrights in the process of trimming the video bill a bunch though.

I've been contemplating firing the cable. You all have definitely piqued my interest!!! Thanks!!!

Well if you just free download Kodi on your PC and then see what it does on your PC...it's just a matter of moving it over to the television set. That's where Fire Stick, Apple TV, Raspberry Pi, etc. come in. But be prepared because once you see what it does on your computer monitor, your television viewing experience will be forever changed.

I'm getting the Pac 12 Network on tv finally and all the other conference networks along with some local channels in those cities, which will show many other college sports other than football for their respective school. But have not found any add-on channel that carries FSU feeds other than typical football and basketball games already on the big networks.

SportsDevil carries the big FSU sports now that they are back up and running as does NBC Sports Live Extra and some Phoenix Channels. Hoping I can find other FSU sports. Have had no luck with the CBS All-Access yet. The Phoenix add-on is insane. They have every Star Wars movie in HD including the newest The Force Awakens for viewing. How they do this and get away with it is a very interesting concept. I could elongate about the process but you need to read those things for yourself if it interests you.
"I could elongate about the process."

Agreed PrimeTime. It's illegal from a moral standpoint alone. But there are no laws yet that make it officially a penalty from all I have read. As I said though, YouTube is very much illegal in the same retrospect, just not to the same degree as to how far they push the envelope. Kodi pushes the envelope to the extreme limit.

That is why I prefer to subscribe to the services out there like Hulu. I never said I watched the new Star Wars Movie, but it is available with many others. But I did watch some NBA TV and Pac 12 Network, so where it begins and ends the illegal/morality side of it I'm not so sure. But I'm happy to know I have choices and will in the future. This new technology is almost inconceivable to me. Blew me away. As I said, if it has been recorded, you can now watch it in clarity through a high speed internet stream on demand.

When you ask me though "If this does what you are saying then it is completely illegal.". Oh it does far more than what I am saying. Every movie that is currently in the theaters...you can watch it now on your TV. That's just the tip of the iceberg. If you want the entire series of any TV Show past or present, it's there. NFL Ticket, MLB Ticket, NBA TV, NHL TV, it's there. Big Ten Network, SEC Network, every Fox Sports Net Channel, every HBO, Cinemax, Starz channel it's there. That goes for every country on the planet that broadcasts something, you can get it live or recorded. There is actually close to 5,000,000 channels available. Hoping to find an FSU channel where I can watch any FSU football game since 1980. If it's not out there yet...it's coming.

I'm not going to say it's legal or illegal, moral or not. Only stating it's there.
"It's illegal from a moral standpoint alone." I think you need to brush up on what "illegal" means.

I have Showbox on mine. It takes about 2 weeks after release for current movies to hit.

The kicker for us is local TV. We live in the Blue Ridge mountains and over the air antenna will not work. My only choices for local are cable or dish.

I feel like the average age of posters in this thread is abnormally high.

Hmm. Abnormal? What's abnormal about it? You know, there are bozos of all ages out there....and if you choose to turn on your TV and have it provide what you want, why would that be an age related abnormality? :confused:

Hmm. Abnormal? What's abnormal about it? You know, there are bozos of all ages out there....and if you choose to turn on your TV and have it provide what you want, why would that be an age related abnormality? :confused:

Abnormal in terms of population statistics. The LR has some average age with a distribution, and I feel like the participants in this thread are on the far right side of that distribution.

We've got things like-

"I don't fully understand a fire stick"
"Rabbit ears"
"ISP Provider"
"I can't figure out why"
"you have definitely piqued my interest"

Again, I'm wrong a lot, but this thread feels like a conversation my parents and their friends would have with one of their children (TDHelmick).

Abnormal in terms of population statistics. The LR has some average age with a distribution, and I feel like the participants in this thread are on the far right side of that distribution.

We've got things like-

"I don't fully understand a fire stick"
"Rabbit ears"
"ISP Provider"
"I can't figure out why"
"you have definitely piqued my interest"

Again, I'm wrong a lot, but this thread feels like a conversation my parents and their friends would have with one of their children (TDHelmick).
I'm 32. And yes, I feel like tech is starting to get away from me.

Want to come to my house and set up my rigged TV for me?

Thanks for the in-depth explanation on "illegal". Must have come direct from the source in black and white.
Illegal = against the law.
Immoral = against a specific moral code.
There is no such thing as "ILLEGAL from a MORAL standpoint."
There is no such thing as "IMMORAL from a LEGAL standpoint."
Illegal and immoral are two different ways to measure right and wrong (there are other ways, as well).
But the point is, despite the areas where illegal and immoral overlap, they are DIFFERENT measurements.

Hope that's "in-depth" enough for you.

I really thought when I called it to your attention you would facepalm, and say, "Wait, that's not what I meant." And that you would get a laugh out of it.

I have Showbox on mine. It takes about 2 weeks after release for current movies to hit.
There is a showbox addon to Kodi which allows for the fire tv remote to work on it rather than having to install an app on your phone to control showbox as a standalone app. And some of the add ons in Kodi will have the movie available before it is even released to theaters especially at the end of the year when people get early DVDs to vote on awards and they share them. And of course some are on release day with some bad quality of someone actually going into a theater and using a camcorder to record the screen. The Revenant and the Hateful eight are 2 that I saw was available before in theaters in DVD quality. A few others to that I don't recall. Some of the TV show episodes also will be available before they show on TV. Doesn't happen often but does sometimes.

Have you seen the live camera feeds available through Navi X. There is one of the Welcome to Vegas sign. And even one to the Cat's Meow Karaoke bar in New Orleans. Lots of stuff available.

I have had some buffering especially when playing a high def movie stream. Through Genesis you have the option to download it and then once finished can go back and watch it to resolve. Then just delete it after watching so your memory isnt killed. Well I have enough to do it on my fire TV anyways not sure if you would have 1.5 GB to 2.0 GB or more available on the fire stick.

Probably. Some of us grew up with the net, love to tinker with open source, and don't want to suckle at the nipple of a 3rd grade level Appleite.

I'm betting the average twenty year old doesn't know what open source means. That's said, what ever happened to Popcorn Time....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT