ADVERTISEMENT

HERE YOU GO - SEC COVID rules

GvilleNole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
May 31, 2001
Not that these are for sure the rules .. the fact that this guy is the only person to go on record .. gotta wonder???

1. NCAA says practice can begin 006/01

Friday’s announcement by the Southeastern Conference that so-called “voluntary” workouts can resume on campus as early as June 8 came with a pretty significant hint about how college football programs are not going to meet the testing standards being established by pro sports leagues.

3. In an interview Thursday on the "Paul Finebaum Show," Missouri athletics director Jim Sterk said that his school’s medical personnel had advised that
“the best way to handle this” was not through frequent testing but rather temperature checks and sanitation and that you only test “If there are symptoms.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/dan-wolken/2020/05/22/sec-welcome-players-back-workouts-no-sign-adequate-coronavirus-testing/5246320002/
*************************************************************************************************************
When I first posted this i was crazy .. then I got a few supporting and not most agree - College football can not practice and follow the CDC guidelines - not even close. They can not
1. wipe everything down everything .. every time in contact with others (daily)
2. cant not test every time been in contact with others (daily)
3. can not suspend everyone in contact with someone that has a positive test for 14-28 days (most of the team)
4. can not social distance

OKAY you get the picture .. if we practice and do follow CDC guidance it will spread thru the whole team in (my guess) about 90 days of the first time several plays test positive. Almost all 85 players will have had it probably by end of sept or Oct.

So the SEC rule maybe to only test players with symptom and asked to be tested and let the asymptomatic players spread it like wild fire. Not CDC guidelines to say the least and I guess the schools are hoping it gets thru the whole team quickly but nobody is saying that. If you understand how many young folks are asymptomatic and that they are just as contagious as those with symptoms ... you know they are basically letting it spread.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News