ADVERTISEMENT

Hey old timers, how about @BobInFairfax…

billanole

Veteran Seminole Insider
Mar 5, 2005
from back in the day? I think that was his handle.
I recently listened to a segment about the foodie scene around DC and NoVa and it reminded me of Ole Bob who was constantly ragging both bad restaurant experiences and his worthless son-in-law …
Anybody heard from the ole boy lately?

Reactions: BrianNole777
That guy was such an off-putting character.
He ranted about poor restaurant experiences, “slack” work by his employees/sled dogs, and was generally a miserable sounding persona. Word on the street was he or his daughter’s man killed one or the other.

Lack of old timers posting in this thread is sad. They gone.

I thought it was an unsolved mystery relative to his exit.

Fsutribe76, or something to that effect, seems like a similar topic poster.

Tried that place out for a few months when all the freeloaders on here moved there. Bunch of weird actors over there.
Rooster Teeth Reaction GIF by Achievement Hunter

Call me crazy - you wouldn’t be the first - I think that board has some bots and foreign trolls trying to influence things in one direction or another.
Like all message boards that allow politics, it inevitably degrades into name calling and insults. And yet, I've gleaned enough information on there to justify wading through the mess.

I do not think that anybody cares enough about an obscure messageboard with a few dozen users to task foreign agents with getting into fairly standard, mundane internet arguments. My brief foray to that board did, however, give me the sense that it had a more provincial and aggressively conformist culture than this one did back in its heyday.
It’s a group who are definitely in the minority in their state, but I have seen some interesting phrasing of sentences and phrases that make me believe it’s not out of the realm of possibilities.
Sprinkle seeds everywhere you see a spot and see if anything grows…

I agree that it is not out of the realm of possibilities, but I would guess the likelihood of covert infiltration by foreign agents to be roughly the same as the likelihood that the majority of posts are generated by a large language model speaking to itself as a lark for the University of Iowa's CS grad students.

I think NatAlgren on the Iowa board was found to be posting from Russia.

He stopped posting when Russia invaded Ukraine. I could be wrong, though.

My college roommate is an I.T. expert and said Russian trolls are all over social media.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT