ADVERTISEMENT

Home security systems

Nolefan23

Starter
Gold Member
Apr 28, 2002
Don't know why this is - but since I was a young kid I've always had this deal with worrying about my house getting broke into in the middle of the night. Now that I have a small child it is even worse. I'll wake up to any small noise and immediately investigate. All I have are door alarms that I turn on before bed that sound if the door is open.

Anyone have security systems and recommend one? Anyone recommend me to just chill out?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I don't have children yet but imagine I will behave similar to you when I do. We have an alarm system that reports on doors and windows with a local company handling the administration. They respond quickly when I've had too much to drink and forget that I already set the alarm. So, pretty much every weekend.

Don't criminals generally break into houses when no one is home? If my intent is to steal stuff, I wouldn't want the hassle of sneaking around trying not to wake people up - rather, I'd just wait until they go to work / school, and make as much noise as I wanted.

Agree with above - if you're worried about someone breaking in while you're there, get a dog. They'll let you know if someone breaks in, so you can worry about sleeping.

Are you a drug dealer? Seems like most home invasions happen to people who are, because the invaders want one of two things: 1) drugs, or 2) money for drugs. Both are typically found in drug houses.

So either stop dealing drugs, or chill out.

CandidFarawayHorse.gif

ForcefulChiefArcticfox.gif

Originally posted by NDallasRuss:
Don't criminals generally break into houses when no one is home? If my intent is to steal stuff, I wouldn't want the hassle of sneaking around trying not to wake people up - rather, I'd just wait until they go to work / school, and make as much noise as I wanted.

Agree with above - if you're worried about someone breaking in while you're there, get a dog. They'll let you know if someone breaks in, so you can worry about sleeping.

Home invasions don't happen to unoccupied homes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT