GvilleNole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
May 31, 2001
Everyone said Jimbo kind of let it go .. got it
Willie did not help .. maybe made it worse
what does this mean and is it accurate? No
It was worse sooner and the problems much deeper
Nobody could have turn this team around .. this team does not need coaching this team
needs structure, accountability, discipline, attention to detail, work ethic, respect for others
effort .. and the basic guidance at all major programs .. We were a large disorganized
high school team gone out of control. It you thought a good coach could win 6-8 games
with the way these players worked and the way these players were used to telling the
coaches how they needed to be coached ... then you (LIKE ME) did not know how bad
the internal issues were ..

When Pruitt, Sunseri and the gang left in 2014 we had issues and Jamies and Dalvin kept it
together. Then the divorce and the wheels came off behind the scene. 2016 and 2017 were
teams almost totally out of control and Jimbo struggle with even caring .. dude was zoned
out. A key issue was we had immense talent huge egos alpha males that needed hard coaching
and discipline. When Jimbo went lax it went down hill fast ... we blamed Kelly we blamed
poor play calling .. it was this it was that but in fact I think we now know that it was the lack
of discipline, not longer any accountability, the work ethic and structure was gutted in 2016
and 2017 .. and the wheels were coming off

Willie came in with Kids were totally out of control .. and the player basically said You do not tell me
I tell you .. we know what to do .. we need encouragement not coaching. How bad was it?
Mickey could not attend practice .. the players yelling and cussing and back talkin coaches
was so bad he could not watch practice .. we all heard this but did not understand
Taggarts solution. It was do not give in hard coaching and discipline but let woodie and kelly
nice guy the kids to death .. by end of 2018 there was not even an inkling of structure
accountabliy of a major college program .. there are many high school team run better
than 2018 fsu .. We hired briles and clements and they were told to be nice ..be nice
Willie could have lost 6-8 good players and righted the ship.. when he arrived. If levitt
Crystobol had come they NEVER would have put up with the back talk and disrepect.
He instead let the cancer spread to 25-40 kids. He took a sick patient and kill him.

Norvell has walked into a situation where he is not just coaching but actually restoring
the basic structure of a program .. We had no idea it was this bad .. but I think it all
fits even going back to 2016 .. the weird loss to Louisville NC and last second 2 points
to clemson .. You could tell the coaching / effort / discipline / attention to detail and
performance on the field was not what we had seen 2010 - 1013 not even close .. This
has been going on for about 4 years and we have to many players to straighten out to
turn it around in 1 year
2020 we establish a real football program again .. we hit the low
2021 we get better
look at Rhule and baylor
he took a 7 win team the prior year and 10 wins the year before and could barely win a game
he lost almost all hte good players and shed maybe 20 kids in 2017 they went 1-11
then
2018 - won 7
2019 - won 11
no we will not turn it that quick but the point is he had to get worst before he got better
because he demanded effort discipline respect and good coaching ..

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News