ADVERTISEMENT

How Did You Become A Fan Of FSU?

In case you weren't aware, Jabrill Peppers didn't play in that game.

Are you sure? The announcers didn't mention it at all during the game.

Man that was unbearable.. like hello, fsu is missing a pretty good player themselves.. ever heard of Derwin James, the best safety in the freakin country!?

The announcers MAYBE mentioned Derwin one time?

Thankfully we did not have to suffer through any of that misery watching it at the stadium... although my little brother must have said "that's Big10 football 1000's times when they were making their near comeback".

GO NOLES!!!

Last edited:
So quick to bash one player, you do know it’s the coaches responsibility to get players ready, right?

So why no coach bashing?

You said “ he didn’t do so well in the nfl”, so what how did Warrick do, and hundreds of others?

You do know it’s just a game

I learned along time ago to just enjoy the games and pull for your team to win
But it’s been a very long time since I let any game ruin my weekend

What happened, did you lose a lot of money? Did he steal your girlfriend?

Your over the top on this one brian

Reactions: F4Gary and goldmom
Thankfully we did not have to suffer through any of that misery watching it at the stadium... although my little brother must have said "that's Big10 football 1000's times when they were making their near comeback".

GO NOLES!!!
My daughter and I were at the game as well. Travis Rudolph gave us his gloves after the game. It was a magical moment for her.

What was their TD to INT ratio?

That's important.
Winston was 65/28 and Rix was 63/40. Of note though is that one was in school for 4 years and the other for 2. Its safe to say Winston would have had way more TD passes but would have also had more picks as well. If we look at it by TD pass percentage Winston wins 7.6 to 6.0 and QBR Winston wins as well 107 to 85. However, I think we should cut Rix some slack considering the time frame and the offense he had to play in. I'm not sure Weinke or Winston could have thrived under that OC. I think Rix was better than he got credit for.

I never wanted to go to uf. Couldn’t stand Gainesville.
My family would drive through Tally on US 90 (Tennessee Street) on our vacations and I thought the campus was so beautiful. I didn’t know much about the football team because Jacksonville was all gator all the time.
I agreed with my Dad in the end and chose FSU because the other schools I liked were out of state and much more expensive.
Plus all the cool kids from my class were going to FSU. Loved it from the instant I set foot on campus.
I came to campus in the fall of 77 as a young impressionable naiive lad; seeking and striving for academic scholarly excellence..... :) But, alas, I was often over served throughout many watering holes in the greater metro area in which I patronized quite often; thank you. Being a sophomore here was the best three years of my life. I also fancied certain sorority houses; the coeds and the house moms/cougars. I miss the Dust Bowl.... and the Magnolia Hall Basement aka Animal House II.
Flounder

I came to campus in the fall of 77 as a young impressionable naiive lad; seeking and striving for academic scholarly excellence..... :) But, alas, I was often over served throughout many watering holes in the greater metro area in which I patronized quite often; thank you. Being a sophomore here was the best three years of my life. I also fancied certain sorority houses; the coeds and the house moms/cougars. I miss the Dust Bowl.... and the Magnolia Hall Basement aka Animal House II.
Flounder
Have all the warrants died with the statute of limitations?

Have all the warrants died with the statute of limitations?
All but a pesky two. But that's down in dramatic fashion just over the past few years. It was a mere misunderstanding(s) with two house moms. 45 years is usually the magic number with law enforcement officials.

It was a college visit. I came down and stayed with a friend for Homecoming weekend '68.

I loved it and applied. Prior to visiting, my list was Miami, (Ohio), Emory, Duke, UNC, Agnes Scott, Tulane, and Huntingdon.

My brother went to Miami, (Ohio), but you can see there was a pattern.

My mother was actually thrilled that I wanted to go to FSU. I'd only been back in the states since January '68, so I really didn't have any ideas. I read that big college book cover to cover and thought the CA schools sounded cool,

As it turned out, during my time here, there were at least 2 here that I went to school with in Ohio, 2 from Maine, at least 2 from Japan, and 2 from Illinois. It was a popular school for BRATS.

It was a college visit. I came down and stayed with a friend for Homecoming weekend '68.

I loved it and applied. Prior to visiting, my list was Miami, (Ohio), Emory, Duke, UNC, Agnes Scott, Tulane, and Huntingdon.

My brother went to Miami, (Ohio), but you can see there was a pattern.

My mother was actually thrilled that I wanted to go to FSU. I'd only been back in the states since January '68, so I really didn't have any ideas. I read that big college book cover to cover and thought the CA schools sounded cool,

As it turned out, during my time here, there were at least 2 here that I went to school with in Ohio, 2 from Maine, at least 2 from Japan, and 2 from Illinois. It was a popular school for BRATS.
I had Chapel Hill on my list too and Loyola of New Orleans. My father looked at the tuition and said I think FSU is the place for you.

Nope. I just don't use any lube.

That procedure in meeyami is called “ rat on a stick”!

It’s been told that if you could get thru it without whimpering, screaming or crying for mama you would leave with a Cuban sami, courtesy of the house!!

One thing I think you should add to the cane procedure is maybe move it real hard to the left and yell “wide left”, the do the same to the right and yell “ wide right”!

Repeat for the 5 or six times we suffered through those damn misses!

Be rough and physical, hold nothing back!

Make us proud sister!

I figured out why Brian is so angry with Rix

Tell the truth he caught you stealing the creamers and made you put them back!

And he said that was a dick thing to do in front of your girlfriend

So now your attempting to even the score!

Damn I’m good!

That procedure in meeyami is called “ rat on a stick”!

It’s been told that if you could get thru it without whimpering, screaming or crying for mama you would leave with a Cuban sami, courtesy of the house!!

One thing I think you should add to the cane procedure is maybe move it real hard to the left and yell “wide left”, the do the same to the right and yell “ wide right”!

Repeat for the 5 or six times we suffered through those damn misses!

Be rough and physical, hold nothing back!

Make us proud sister!
Funny because X-man is one of my good friends and I would never insult him like that. I could just yell wide right!

I will always make you proud.

Did you attend? If so, what years? I am not one of those who think you have to be an alumni to be a true fan.

For me, growing up in South Florida in the 60s and 70s, there wasn't much coverage of FSU. Those were the days of three channels and maybe one or two games on TV a week. We saw more national games than regional.

I did my first two years at Palm Beach Junior College playing baseball. Destroyed my ankle ending my baseball career. Ended up following my older sister up to Tallahassee in 1980. That was a great time to be at FSU. The win @ #3 Nebraska is something we'll never forget. The spontaneous celebration closed down Tennessee Street.

When we moved back to the panhandle, one of the first things we did was get season tickets. We are a Nole family regardless of the fact that I'm the only one to graduate from there.

What about you?
Law School 1968-1972

I was born (and mostly raised) in NJ & PA. My grandparents had a condo on Ft Myers Beach (RIP) that we would come visit once a year or so in the winters. One year my parents went down without us for one reason or another and brought my brother back a FSU sweatshirt and me back a UF sweatshirt. This would have been ‘92 ish and I was 8y/o. My brother was older than me so naturally I always deferred to him on who we should root for, so he decided FSU was the team and that’s how it started for both of us. I remember being 9y/o watching the 93 NC game vividly. We moved to FL in ‘96 and there was never any doubt I’d go to FSU. Funny enough my older brother when to UF and is now a diehard Gator.

I was born (and mostly raised) in NJ & PA. My grandparents had a condo on Ft Myers Beach (RIP) that we would come visit once a year or so in the winters. One year my parents went down without us for one reason or another and brought my brother back a FSU sweatshirt and me back a UF sweatshirt. This would have been ‘92 ish and I was 8y/o. My brother was older than me so naturally I always deferred to him on who we should root for, so he decided FSU was the team and that’s how it started for both of us. I remember being 9y/o watching the 93 NC game vividly. We moved to FL in ‘96 and there was never any doubt I’d go to FSU. Funny enough my older brother when to UF and is now a diehard Gator.
Sorry for your loss...

Reactions: BrianNole777
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT