ADVERTISEMENT

How often do you eat tofu

SoProudNole

Contributor
Jan 19, 2004
We've been fixing it more and more. Probably twice a week on average. Dry it out, slice and marinade. I'll cook it on the stove, in the oven or on the grill. It's growing on me.

Anybody else?

We've been fixing it more and more. Probably twice a week on average. Dry it out, slice and marinade. I'll cook it on the stove, in the oven or on the grill. It's growing on me.

Anybody else?
The next time will be the 1st time and I really hope there is not a next time.....lol

Reactions: rhurner
Trying to eat less meat
Why on earth are you eating tofu that much? Did you lose a bet? Dating a vegetarian?

Haha......well, my wife of 20 years is vegan / vegetarian. Daughters are vegetarian. I feel more and more crappy after indulging in meat, particularly red meat.

Trying to eat less meat

Haha......well, my wife of 20 years is vegan / vegetarian. Daughters are vegetarian. I feel more and more crappy after indulging in meat, particularly red meat.
Soo sorry man. I ate rack of lamb this weekend. It was amazing.

Pretty much when I eat Miso soup. I used to buy it once in a while, but haven't bought it in a couple of years. Tempe sometimes in stir fry.

As for myself I've never cared for the aged and pressed tofus, but I do really enjoy fresh tofus made either at home or at a high quality restaurants. There was a place in Vegas famous for it and it was almost like a fine custard.

Haha...... I'll keep that in mind. It probably isn't as bad as chili and beer. But I doubt folks here take in very much of that stuff.

The wife was cooking it a couple times a month or so, but lately it hasn't shown up on the plate. I really don't mind eating it as she is a good cook. I just asked her why the downturn in appearances and she said she cooks things in "cycles." I didn't challenge her on the statement, but could have said something along the lines of, "I haven't noticed you doing that with chicken, pork or fish."{she might cook beef every other month or so} I honestly just think it doesn't do much for her.

BBQ Place in Atlanta named Heirloom Market BBQ that has a unique set of side dishes (depending on the day). One is these sweet and sour tofu and another is crispy tofu. Worth the drive. Besides that, I never order it unless, like every one else, it is in hot and sour soup.

Thank you, Ben Franklin.

Tofu falls in the cauliflower and water chestnut category for me. That's the "why is this on my plate" category

I agreed with you until I had Morimotos fresh version in NYC. Since then I'll get it if the restaurant makes it itself fresh or occassionally make it myself. It's very custardy. And when I was last in NYC, the soy cheesecake at Morimotos beat the pants off of the famous Junior's and Katz"s regular cheesecake. It wasn't even close.

Only in soup, Japanese or Chinese, when I'm out. My kid makes a soondubu jjgae that has tofu in it that I will eat occasionally...

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Only in soup, Japanese or Chinese, when I'm out. My kid makes a soondubu jjgae that has tofu in it that I will eat occasionally...
We've recently been hitting up a Sichuan restaurant and they have a delicious rendition of ma po tofu. So good.

My wife runs marathons and sometimes she'll get on a tofu kick, something about eating right while training. I stick with pizza and beer while she's training.

I have no idea who that is. But my wife and daughters are cool. They're not militant at all and don't bother me when I do throw some ribs or a steak on.

Other than soup I've had it once and it was pretty good. Didn't know what it was until i felt the texture but I think it's one of those things that tastes like whatever you cook it in.

Chinese neighbors brought us dinner a couple weeks after my son was born and I thought one of the dishes was chicken at first glance but turned out to be tofu. It was in a sauce with mushrooms, beans, carrots and was pretty good, we definitely finished it all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT