ADVERTISEMENT

Hulkster awarded $115mil!

DFSNOLE

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Sep 25, 2002
DeFuniak Springs Country Club
You only thought Erin Andrews did good.

The jury in Hulk Hogan's invasion of privacy suit against Gawker Media awarded the ex-wrestler $115 million on Friday.

The six person jury in St. Petersburg, Florida -- four women and two men -- deliberated for nearly six hours.

Hogan, dressed all in black including a black bandana, cried when the verdict was announced.

The ex-wrestler, whose real name is Terry Bollea, had sued Gawker, founder Nick Denton and former editor A.J. Daulerio for posting the nearly two-minute segment of a Hogan sex tape in 2012. Hogan's suit claimed Gawker violated his privacy and sought $100 million.

"Mr. Bollea is exceptionally happy. This is not only his victory today, but also anyone else who's been victimized by tabloid journalism," his lawyer David Houston said outside the courtroom. Hogan stood quietly behind the lawyer, his sunglasses failing to concealed dried tears on his cheeks.

The jury must still consider whether to impose punitive damages next week.

"We're coming back Monday for the rest of it," Houston said.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/03/18/media/hulk-hogan-gawker-jury-deliberations/index.html

Well I guess this lessens the sting of missing out on the $200 million he could have received from the George Foreman grill 15 years ago....

It's nice to know that he does not have a 10 inch penis as well....

Last edited:
Reactions: FSUTribe76
I was asking if he was in debt and this money will go toward that before it goes anywhere else

I don't think he was, his divorce was not horrifically bad, she got 70% of liquid assets but only 40% of his various companies and other investments plus he kept most of his fleet of cars that would be relatively easily sellable. So he was doing fine, not uber rich but better than most. This award would probably triple or quadruple his assets IF he ever gets it.

The rumor starting to float around the Bay Area is that Bubba and Hulk were in cahoots. They set all of this up to score big. A $5,000 settlement with Bubba is suspicious. It will be interesting to see if they all of a sudden make up and become friends again....

I'd bet if each of them were offered that money they'd smile and say thank you.
The Donald says he has been offered and turned it down. You know for political reasons. And I guess the condition placed upon them receiving it would be a sex video of them released similar to the Hulksters. Thinking most of them would say no.

his divorce was not horrifically bad, she got 70% of liquid assets but only 40% of his various companies and other investments

Words only an attorney would mutter...

Last edited:
The rumor starting to float around the Bay Area is that Bubba and Hulk were in cahoots. They set all of this up to score big. A $5,000 settlement with Bubba is suspicious. It will be interesting to see if they all of a sudden make up and become friends again....

They were in cahoots in that Hulk had the OK to "crank down" Bubba's wife (to use his own term for that sort of thing).

Good luck collecting, Hulk. Absent a settlement, you are years away from seeing a dime.

They'll settle, probably for $40 mil would be my guess. The company is allegedly only bringing in about 70 mil in revenue and $35-40 mil in profit per year. So they can't afford to pay out half or a third of their companies overall worth.

Go find audio of Hulk explaining how Terry Bollea's junk is not the same size as Hogans is. Pretty dang funny

why wasn't Bubba prosecuted criminally?

daily-morning-awesomeness-35-photos-36.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT