ADVERTISEMENT

I asked Jimbo and Wilcox if they're concerned about the ACC and $$$

iraschoffel

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Jul 13, 2014
Some folks have asked for FSU's reaction to the ACC not having a TV channel deal in place yet.

I did ask Jimbo and Stan Wilcox about that this week in Amelia Island. I specifically asked if they are concerned about the Big Ten and SEC deals. But their quotes were pretty bland, so I didn't include in the story. Here is what they had to say:

From Fisher:
“That’s part of today’s landscape," Fisher said of the big TV deals. "And that’s where you have to generate revenue for your schools and your institutions and your conference. You have to do that. Our commissioner’s in talks with that right now, and we have total confidence he’ll do a great job. But it is definitely a big part of what you have to have to be successful.”

From Wilcox:
"We all (ACC athletic directors) talk about it. And we all voice our thoughts and opinions and actually take actions on certain things. And it's the commissioner's responsibility to then express what can be said, where we are at right now and what we're looking for in the future. But yes, it's talked about by everybody."

If there is frustration, and I wouldn't be surprised if there is some, they're apparently not ready to say it publicly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News