ADVERTISEMENT

I met Coach Andrews today at practice

Austin R. Cox

Warchant Staff Writer
Apr 29, 2019
Tallahassee, Fl.
Just wanted to share a little backstory on Coach Andrews with you all. Growing up in Tally, I know the significant impact Coach made on this program and I don't have to tell you all that (he's clearly the greatest coordinator/non-head coach in the history of college football in my opinion, and certainly one of the winningest). I had heard Coach speak to crowds a few times before but never got the chance to actually meet him. It was great talking with him today at practice.

Anyways, I wanted to share with you all something Coach Andrews did for my family back in 2007 that was very special. My granddad attended every game from 1955-1994 and was a huge fan of FSU his entire life. He passed away from cancer in 2007, but a few months before he died, he received a very special phone call from Coach Andrews. My granddad was a long-time booster, and we're not even sure how he got his number, but Coach Andrews called him up and talked to him for over an hour. My granddad was not doing well at the time and this put a very big smile on his face. My family couldn't believe that Coach took the time to do that.

When I told Coach about that today out at practice and thanked him for it, he put his arm around me and hugged me. Just a little tidbit about a coach who in my eyes is a legend on and off the field!

C363A875-7DF0-44BE-9AB7-31AD82A001FE.jpeg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News