ADVERTISEMENT

Softball If FSU softball is to make a run in NCAA Tournament, freshmen must deliver

Bob Ferrante

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Staff
May 10, 2022
Florida State’s freshmen have needed to be productive. In what has been an up-and-down season for the Seminoles, how the freshmen perform in the postseason spotlight will determine how far the team advances.

While FSU returned a core of veterans in the lineup, freshmen have made a major impact. Jaysoni Beachum leads the team in nearly every major hitting category, Isa Torres is third on the team in hitting while flashing an impressive glove at shortstop, and Ashtyn Danley has often been the team’s most effective pitcher.

Any word in Reid's status?
She is also a big piece of the puzzle.

Nothing official on Reid. Alameda has consistently said day to day.

If it is arm/shoulder soreness, as one of the ACC Network analysts suggested last week during the league tournament, it is a matter of rest.

Ok. Thanks for the info.
It's been almost a month since she has pitched in a game. I think it was the BC series.
So, from what I have saw from looking into it. She has pitched 13 more innings so far this year than her freshman year. I would have never have guessed that. Just seems she hasn't been.in the circle much this year. I think she has like 70 some innings this year.
That just seems like a very low number for shoulder or arm issues.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT