ADVERTISEMENT

I'm extremely excited about this week's game

summit2001

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Apr 28, 2003
I know, I'm a glass half full type of guy, but there are a lot of factors coming into play that should result in a great showing this weekend.

VT is not that good, but as we saw against Pitt, they are at least competent. Knowing that this week's opponent can play at a fair level should help in mental preparation for this game.

Obviously, getting so many players healthy should allow us to put our top guys out there to start the game on both sides of the ball. These guys are number one at their positions for a reason. . .while we have lots of depth at most positions, it will be nice to see the top guys playing together again. Not only the injuries, but completely getting the flu bug gone from the team, I think it had more of an impact that we initially thought.

The struggles over the past two weeks probably have me most excited. It sounds weird to be excited about struggling, but I think the entire program will be reflecting on what has gone wrong, and what they can do to improve. From the head coach, to the coordinators, to the players, to the trainers, to the equipment staff. . .I think everybody sees the need to improve and wants to see it happen sooner than later.

Playing at home in front of a sellout crowd will also fuel a little extra motivation to jump on VT early and get the crowd involved.

Now. . .if we struggle again and look out of position and make a ton of mental mistakes, I will truly feel some concern. But, I just think the combination of all of these factors should result in a very fun game to watch and allow us to see some players deeper on the depth chart.

I have a feeling we will see some drives in the first half that never even reach third down, similar to Kentucky manhandling Florida.

FSU 52
VT 10

Lets go!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News