ADVERTISEMENT

In your opinion is the world much more violent?

It's the world we live in. There are older kids roaming the streets getting into to trouble, adults and teens driving like there isn't a speed limit and let's not forget the sickos. In 1985 at a Sunset landing bathroom at Lake Jackson, I witnessed what a glory hole was used for. I've always protected my daughter from stuff like I saw. Had I not had a father within shouting distance I would have been force fed a cock meat sandwich. So I micro manage and she still has a blast.
1985? Ummm...sorry about that.

how much does it cost to send people on cruises per day? I read a story the other day about retirees on cruise ships because it was cheaper and more fun than assisted living. Obviously different issues, but fun is fun right?

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Residential addiction patients are $2400 a day, partial hospitalization is....from memory I think $1800 a day not sure on that one without looking it up, Intensive outpatient is about $1300 a day. So you've got 30 residential, 40 iop and 40 php patients for a month....you can do the math from there.

And that doesn't count the other revenue streams (hehe, I made a joke because the biggest one is confirmatory urine testing) that can be lucrative on their own like quantitative and qualitative urine testing, massage therapy, physical therapy, weight loss programs, etc...

Trust me there's a reason you're seeing a lot of ads for addiction facilities. You don't need a lot of money compared to the yearly take, frankly I've never heard of a legal investment that pays out as well. The "problem" is you need about a mil and a half of startup capital, people like me who know how to do it and can get you licensed and for the first three to four months you bleed money like no tomorrow as you've got about a 90 day turnaround from the billing to actually getting $$$$$$$. But if you've got the cash, have me on the team and can stomach losing money like mad for three months, it starts to basically just print money. The first year we expect with VERY conservative projections (assuming a 40% take on insurance as opposed to the industry average of about 80-90%) we expect to have about $14 mil in revenue and by year two about $22 mil in revenue and the costs to run it fully staffed are only about $3.5 mil.

Careful Tribe. That may be what you're charging but not what you'll be getting paid. Reimbursement rates on Rehab Facilities is very poor and most of them struggle to stay profitable...

Careful Tribe. That may be what you're charging but not what you'll be getting paid. Reimbursement rates on Rehab Facilities is very poor and most of them struggle to stay profitable...

Well we're assuming a 40% recovery which is not what the one I'm working with in Jacksonville gets (which is about 85%). Truthfully at 3.5 million, we'd only need about half the patients we're planning on and a 20% recovery to break even.

If we were fully booked in the 35 rooms, and had 40 Iop and 40 PHP (basically the most we could manage without increasing staff) and got the 75% recovery you're talking close to 4.5 mil per month before adding in all of the other revenue streams. The costs are about $350k per month. So I'm not working assuming full booking and good return. I'm assuming about half booking and mediocre return.

Last edited:

The facilities struggling are old school facilities that are detox or methadone clinics and those doing standard outpatient therapy. None of the pay at all. Standard outpatient is like $7500 for a 16 week program, you'd have to literally have hundreds if not thousands to make it work.

Statistically this is one of the safest times in human history. Domestically looking over the generations, violent crimes are down, sicko pederasts and child abductions are down. Last year's graduating high school class was using real drugs (read: things not named pot) at the lowest rate in decades.

Internationally, violence related deaths are greatly down. Genocides are still occurring but not at the scale of historical events. There are no major wars being fought. Outside of a few dozen extremist groups and warlords between the ME and Africa, there's really not much conflict. The CDC and WHO have done remarkable jobs in isolating and containing disease outbreaks / famines.

Things aren't perfect, but on a relative scale, we're as close as we've ever been.

Just looking at the numbers, the # of murders is at its lowest since 1968 - when the US population was more than 100 million people lower. That's remarkable.

In 1985 at a Sunset landing bathroom at Lake Jackson, I witnessed what a glory hole was used for. I've always protected my daughter from stuff like I saw. Had I not had a father within shouting distance I would have been force fed a cock meat sandwich

200w.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT