ADVERTISEMENT

Incomplete pass? What?????

TheTruth_

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Sep 30, 2002
not a fan of either team but how in the world is not not a catch ??? These refs are blind

The only thing it could be was it looked like the nose of the ball might have touched the ground. It didn't have any effect on the play but that had to be it.

Reactions: seminoledale
Nolelan beat me to it. I said it as soon as they made the replay call and my wife laughed and said she thought the same thing.

It was a catch but knew they wouldn't over turn after first calling it incomplete.

The ball hit the ground when he first went down causing the ball to move and shift from his hand to being pinned between his elbow and body. How did anybody miss that? It's clear as day.

The ball hit the ground when he first went down causing the ball to move and shift from his hand to being pinned between his elbow and body. How did anybody miss that? It's clear as day.

What was "clear as day" to me and apparently a number of others was that his hand was underneath the ball, protecting it from hitting the ground, before he bounced and rolled, whereupon the ball moved from his hand to being trapped between his hip and elbow, before finally being controlled in his hand. At no time did the ball ever hit the ground during that entire time. There were two angles shown, the first clearly showing his hand underneath and cupping the ball and the other angle clearly showing the tip of the ball never hitting the ground while he gained final control. Again, the ball never hit the ground.

That was a catch and it could have had an impact on the game given that the strip and fumble recovery occurred afterward. Had the catch been counted, even if the same play were called and the strip and fumble recovery occurred, it wouldn't likely have been for a TD.

Shoulda-coulda-woulda... It's all done now. But it's still frustrating.

BTW, I don't care who wins and will be fine either way. I just don't like seeing such ridiculously poor officiating, particularly at the highest level of the game played anywhere.

What was "clear as day" to me and apparently a number of others was that his hand was underneath the ball, protecting it from hitting the ground, before he bounced and rolled, whereupon the ball moved from his hand to being trapped between his hip and elbow, before finally being controlled in his hand. At no time did the ball ever hit the ground during that entire time. There were two angles shown, the first clearly showing his hand underneath and cupping the ball and the other angle clearly showing the tip of the ball never hitting the ground while he gained final control. Again, the ball never hit the ground.

That was a catch and it could have had an impact on the game given that the strip and fumble recovery occurred afterward. Had the catch been counted, even if the same play were called and the strip and fumble recovery occurred, it wouldn't likely have been for a TD.

BTW, I don't care who wins and will be fine either way. I just don't like seeing such ridiculously poor officiating, particularly at the highest level of the game played anywhere.

Wrong I saw it hit the ground, I have 20/20 vision. The worst missed call was the panther Ealey coming off the sideline to hit the Bronco after he tackled newton. Blatant personal foul on panthers that likely stall their scoring drive since it would have made it 3rd and long,

Get a better TV, it hit the ground.

The casual football fan who doesn't understand the rules all think that was a complete catch because the announcers were blind and didn't see when the nose of the ball clearly hit the ground, causing the ball to be jarred loose, and proceeded to say it was a bad call from the refs. But the rules are clear and the refs got it right. Receiver has to maintain possession after the ball hits the ground and he did not.

Reactions: NJNOLES
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT