ADVERTISEMENT

Insider’s Thread: Florida schools coming after 14-offer 2024 in-state CB Jaylen Heyward

Ryan Wright

All-ACC
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2021
Corner or safety, line Jaylen Heyward up anywhere in the secondary and he’s making the play. Stealing passes for Rockledge during the 2021 season has made Heyward a 2024 national recruit, but one in-state Florida programs want to keep home.

Speed, fluid hips, open field tackling and a headiness for the game that is hard to find; and he gets some carries out of the backfield. Heyward has the speed to be a next level corner and the range to play free safety. Offers have been dropped from teams like Florida State, Pitt, Indiana, Mississippi State, Iowa State, South Florida and UCF ready to find that fit for him in their secondary.

A short drive from Florida’s east coast to Orlando, Heyward made a game-day stop with UCF during the fall months. Heyward shared the experience.

“They treated me like family, it felt like home – it is right by my home,” Heyward said. “They want me to stay.”

Another Saturday trip was taken to Tallahassee seeing Florida State.

“It was a good visit,” Heyward stated. “It was a fun experience. I liked the campus.”

A third program putting in the effort to keep him in the Sunshine State is South Florida. The Bulls have made the trip to his campus to help build the bond.

“USF has come by my school – they like me,” Heyward said. “They told me I move like a gazelle.”

No visits have been set, but safe bets that more in-state visits will be had in the coming months.

Player profile:

Reactions: rjstf and tennisump
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News