ADVERTISEMENT

Ira’s 3-2-1 from 12/9/2019

George0429

Seminole Insider
Dec 4, 2018
Atlanta, GA
I admit...I probably had my hopes to high for a quick turnaround this season after I jumped on the hype train over the month or so. I think now is a great time to have some perspective and remember where we were 9 months ago and why we had to go hire a new coach. Below is what Ira said last December In a 3-2-1, and thought it would be good to remind myself and others that we all knew (and should have remembered) that this turnaround would take some time. While this quote from an article is 9 months ago, it certainly still rings true.

“I'm not trying to dampen the mood while everyone is feeling good about the future, but it's fair to say Florida State could be a better-coached team in 2020 than it was in 2019 and still have a tougher time getting back to a bowl game.

This program didn't get in such sad shape overnight, and it won't return to prominence that quickly either. If Norvell is as good as many in the coaching profession say he is, he'll have the skills necessary to get Florida State back on the right track.

But he'll need more than just the support of the fans to make it happen; he'll also need their patience.“

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News