ADVERTISEMENT

Is it stealing to take coffee creamers from a convenience store without purchasing coffee?

Please vote and explain!

• Yes

Votes: 25 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
If the owner of the store gave you permission to take them, then it is not stealing. It is a gift to you. Otherwise it is stealing. A simple solution, since you claim to be friends with the owner would be to aks him if you can take 3 to 4 of them when you come in and make a purchase even if it is not coffee. If he gives you permission, then it would no longer be stealing. But it sounds like you have probably stolen a whole case of them and should probably offer to pay him the cost of a case for your penance.

Reactions: BrianNole777
If the owner of the store gave you permission to take them, then it is not stealing. It is a gift to you. Otherwise it is stealing. A simple solution, since you claim to be friends with the owner would be to aks him if you can take 3 to 4 of them when you come in and make a purchase even if it is not coffee. If he gives you permission, then it would no longer be stealing. But it sounds like you have probably stolen a whole case of them and should probably offer to pay him the cost of a case for your penance.

Yeah, I think I've taken 150 over the past year or so.

I stopped taking them today.

One of the owners said: "Take them, Brian" and laughed.

The other owner doesn't know me.

Don’t take them, it’s a trap!!

They’ve been video taping for a year now
Your in a bad way, “up the creek without the creamer”

In jail I don’t know if they have creamer!

I just went to 711 and took 0 creamers!
What's hard to believe (or not) is that in another thread you go on about religion and its benefits yet here you are trying to justify theft. I guess as long as you go to church its ok in your mind?

Yeah, I think I've taken 150 over the past year or so.

I stopped taking them today.

One of the owners said: "Take them, Brian" and laughed.

The other owner doesn't know me.
On Amazon they have some for .21 each. So now you owe the store 31.50. What if your store owner friend overcharged you 31.50? Would that be stealing?

What's hard to believe (or not) is that in another thread you go on about religion and its benefits yet here you are trying to justify theft. I guess as long as you go to church its ok in your mind?

I stated in this thread I will stop taking the creamers. I was giving some responses I received from others about how it's NOT stealing. :)

And regarding church, humans are all flawed and we all do bad things. It's just our nature as fallen beings, IMO.

On Amazon they have some for .21 each. So now you owe the store 31.50. What if your store owner friend overcharged you 31.50? Would that be stealing?

The store doesn't charge anything for creamers, though. They are free for customers.

If the store charged for creamers and I took them without paying, that would definitely be stealing.

That's why this scenario is so borderline that I brought it to the great minds here. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: fsufool
****Update!!!****

I just went to the 711 and saw the owner I know. He was unloading a new box of coffee creamers and gave me a fist bump and said "Hello Brian!"

I was quietly wondering if I've taken a box of creamers yet or not.

I didn't take any creamers this time! I went to a grocery store later and bought milk.

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

****Update!!!****

I just went to the 711 and saw the owner I know. He was unloading a new box of coffee creamers and gave me a fist bump and said "Hello Brian!"

I didn't take any creamers this time! I went to a grocery store later and bought milk.

Did you ask him about your habits and if he thought you had stole from him?

****Update!!!****

Again, you get no credit for doing what is right.

When my 24 year old was little he used to take ALL of the peppermints at the register. I made him put them back. On the other hand, I’ve been known to throw 12 hot mustard packets in the bag at the Chinese restaurant. Then I found out you can order them on Amazon.

• Haha
When my 24 year old was little he used to take ALL of the peppermints at the register. I made him put them back. On the other hand, I’ve been known to throw 12 hot mustard packets in the bag at the Chinese restaurant. Then I found out you can order them on Amazon.

Did the Chinese restaurant employees ever see you and if so, how did they respond?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT