ADVERTISEMENT

Jalen Ramsey donates $1M

Some ppl are wound up 2 tite!

sense was a joke! Makes for a free thinking position to any thread. The guy has a point of view and makes cents. So many ppl think that money can buy anything. Well, I don’t think it can. Especially when poured into an educational system that might teach radical and anti-family Curriculum.

Let’s all breathe a bit and take it easy.

you know the saying, give a person a fish and they can eat today. Teach a person to fish and they can eat forever. Unless their ain’t no fish
In my best Mexican chicken farmer from Napoleon Dynamite voice, I don’t even know what you just said

Sounds to me like your boss is rationalizing his pursuit of profit in lieu of philanthropy. I have heard the same argument from rich guys about how if they did not have to pay taxes they could find a much more beneficial use of the money for the greater good. No offense he may be a complete genius that knows what he is talking about but that is my take for what it is worth. Most billionaires create jobs because the job creation gives them such a huge return on their investment not for altruism which is a requirement for philanthropy. What Jalen did was a wonderful gesture and should be viewed as such.

Never said it was altruism just a simple fact of bigger economic positive impact. Like I said, I’m glad I have a job working there getting paidd what I get paid as opposed to my salary going to a school system. Make sense? And then I’m free to give to charity or buy something from your company so you have a job etc....simple velocity of money metrics. I’m also incentivized to work harder for more financial security. Charities, not so much. Myriad studies on this subject. Curious, how many billionaires do you know and talk to?

Reactions: daniel80
No doubt there's waste in any bureaucratic system, including education. That being said, I don't begrudge the pension per se, particularly because teachers in most states are undervalued while they are actively working. Personally, I'd favor active teacher salaries going up (perhaps to $75k - $150k annually) even if that meant the teacher pensions were eliminated in favor of a 403 (b) with a match. Goal of getting better talent (higher salary) while eliminating hanger ons and/or those that are burnt out.

Yep< I even wrote they deserve the pensions. It is a shell game by the current superintendents called “kick the can down the road”. I was merely stating a fact of where most tax dollars go in most municipalities these days relative to education.

Never said it was altruism just a simple fact of bigger economic positive impact. Like I said, I’m glad I have a job working there getting paidd what I get paid as opposed to my salary going to a school system. Make sense? And then I’m free to give to charity or buy something from your company so you have a job etc....simple velocity of money metrics. I’m also incentivized to work harder for more financial security. Charities, not so much. Myriad studies on this subject. Curious, how many billionaires do you know and talk to?
I have spoken to a few billionaires. I have worked for billionaires also. Decent people but they are full of rationalizations. Have heard once that the reason for mass layoffs was real a good thing because it made the company more sound for the thousands of employees that remained. I do not think there is an attempt to give your salary to the school system so I am not sure what you mean by studies supporting that point of view. My point and I do want to stay on topic is that criticizing anyone's generosity is absurd. Jalen did something good and we should applaud him.

I have spoken to a few billionaires. I have worked for billionaires also. Decent people but they are full of rationalizations. Have heard once that the reason for mass layoffs was real a good thing because it made the company more sound for the thousands of employees that remained. I do not think there is an attempt to give your salary to the school system so I am not sure what you mean by studies supporting that point of view. My point and I do want to stay on topic is that criticizing anyone's generosity is absurd. Jalen did something good and we should applaud him.

We certainly both agree on the last statement. I said as much in my initial posting. Thanks for sharing. I was referring to velocity of money as a factor to analyze (that’s actually what I do for a living, research analyst for global capital markets) private sector spending is much more “efficient” than public sector spending. Likewise when reviewing charities be. For profit enterprises. anyways, again yes, I was very happy to read of Jalen’s tremendous generosity. just wrote I think I understood the point the poster was trying to make about professional athletes being able to directly identify moat people’s lives through employment. But either way, very impressed with that level of giving from Jalen and happy he is a Nike. I always thought his “bravado” was misunderstood as it seems that is his motor to get the most out of himself on the field and off the field he was a model citizen at FSU and Jax.

No doubt there's waste in any bureaucratic system, including education. That being said, I don't begrudge the pension per se, particularly because teachers in most states are undervalued while they are actively working. Personally, I'd favor active teacher salaries going up (perhaps to $75k - $150k annually) even if that meant the teacher pensions were eliminated in favor of a 403 (b) with a match. Goal of getting better talent (higher salary) while eliminating hanger ons and/or those that are burnt out.
Unfortunately the teachers unions will never get out of the way of this idea. They rely on mediocrity in order for them to be needed.

Reactions: daniel80
Or just appreciate that a man donated hard earned money to youth education. Nothing more than that...

true, and your point is taken. However, look see at the post right above yours. That poster provided a much clearer and specific explanation as to what I was saying. The rebuttal from the poster saying they felt alternate remedies for those needing assistance can be better found creating as apposed to giving. Not that giving isn’t good. But, if you read the poster above yours it reference solid real life examples of a more effective solution. One that I am of the opinion is more lasting. Just a point of view.

true, and your point is taken. However, look see at the post right above yours. That poster provided a much clearer and specific explanation as to what I was saying. The rebuttal from the poster saying they felt alternate remedies for those needing assistance can be better found creating as apposed to giving. Not that giving isn’t good. But, if you read the poster above yours it reference solid real life examples of a more effective solution. One that I am of the opinion is more lasting. Just a point of view.

As a free enterprise advocate, I understand what the poster was getting at. But just don’t think why it was needed in this thread or convo.

This is, or should’ve been, about Ramsey and praising him for his generosity and genuine concern for the youth in Nashville where he was pretty much raised.

That is what got me to respond the way I did.

Jalen already has a "day job" as a NFL football player. And I strongly suspect that with the assistance of his agent or perhaps with the direction of his father/family, that he has other business interests and investments. Most likely, "passive" investments until his career winds down. FSU alums and fans should be thrilled whenever a former Nole wants to do something "worthwhile" with their resources. While I don't know the details of the Nashville Prep school receiving his gift/donation, it appears that the first thru fourth graders come from difficult/challenged circumstances. He's providing these young children an opportunity to have access to the kind of technology and cultural opportunities that could make a real difference in lighting a positive spark.
Bravo! Well done Jalen.

Last edited:
Not really, employing people is a much more positively impactful endeavor. However, I am happy to read Jalen giving back in such a big way. But, I understand the intent of the post (I think). Creating enterprises directly helps people put food in the table. A lot of administrative overhead tied to educational systems. biggest expense is teacher pensions (which they deserve but a lot of today’s dollars raisers got to paying for retired pensioners not the students).[/
A school is an enterprise that reports it’s profits down the road. Much bigger return.

Thank you Jalen for putting your money to GOOD DAMN USE!!!!! Everyone wins lifting a black kid out of the "hood" through education its a win win for America

You could have been doing other things with you're money like an idiot but you're not. Obviously many people here don't understand tax write offs and tax breaks. Ramsey donating 1,000,000 to education is a tax write off from his enormous salary.

This type of stuff isn't
fbc9046f99e08ff34bf9c144f6ddb126.jpg

Last edited:
It's really sad how much educational institutions have failed this country.

It’s sad how many people want the public education system to fail.

Creating the public school system is one of the greatest things this country has done.

It’s an absolute core component of the american dream.

It’s sad how many people want the public education system to fail.

Creating the public school system is one of the greatest things this country has done.

It’s an absolute core component of the american dream.

The poster is right you know! Teacher unions have spoiled the goodness of the educational system.

Unfortunately the money isn’t being spent the right way. Literacy rates among minorities has decreased over the last 20 years. School systems are failing our youth...lower graduation rates trending in the wrong direction the last twenty years. I am all for education but The systems is broken. Private schools on average spend half on students than public school systems across the country yet have a more than double graduation and college entrance rates and pay teachers less money in average without pensions. If money was the issue this would be reversed. Baltimore spends more money on high school students than almost any municipality in the country yet have one Of the lowest literacy rates in the country and not a single student in the city of Baltimore scored at a competent level in mathematics(let that sink in)!

Not trying to get in a debate about efficiency of school system but you brought it up (and public school systems are dreadful for disadvantaged students)

I merely said employing people more directly impacts someone’s economy than giving funds to a bureaucratic system that may help some but will fail many others. Employment is a direct undeniable benefit. The other is it guaranteed . I also am elated that Jalen made this contribution. Simply trying to point out “I think” I got the point of the poster.

Reactions: 1GiantKing
No good deed goes unpunished.
Maybe some of the rich FSU boosters should start businesses instead of wasting it on entertainment for the ungrateful masses?

Unfortunately the money isn’t being spent the right way. Literacy rates among minorities has decreased over the last 20 years. School systems are failing our youth...lower graduation rates trending in the wrong direction the last twenty years. I am all for education but The systems is broken. Private schools on average spend half on students than public school systems across the country yet have a more than double graduation and college entrance rates and pay teachers less money in average without pensions. If money was the issue this would be reversed. Baltimore spends more money on high school students than almost any municipality in the country yet have one Of the lowest literacy rates in the country and not a single student in the city of Baltimore scored at a competent level in mathematics(let that sink in)!

Not trying to get in a debate about efficiency of school system but you brought it up (and public school systems are dreadful for disadvantaged students)

I merely said employing people more directly impacts someone’s economy than giving funds to a bureaucratic system that may help some but will fail many others. Employment is a direct undeniable benefit. The other is it guaranteed . I also am elated that Jalen made this contribution. Simply trying to point out “I think” I got the point of the poster.

I understand what you are saying, but a lot of people with bad motives want to point out inefficiencies in some public school systems as an excuse to dismantle all public school systems.

I understand the desire to make public schools more efficient, but I have a hard time supporting anyone who wants to dismantle the public school system. Even if you are one of those people who think adults end up in bad situations because they make bad choices in life, the same cannot be said about kids. Kids don’t choose their parents and don’t choose to be born into a bad situation. Among a myriad of other reasons, our country needs a strong public school system so that kids have a chance to break the cycle and pull themselves out of a bad situation. People also don’t realize how many things public schools do for kids who have a bad home situation in terms of providing basic needs.

I won’t get into all the reasons why private vs. public schools stats are not apples to apples.

I do understand concerns about teachers unions and believe there needs to be reform.

Reactions: BonitaNole
I understand what you are saying, but a lot of people with bad motives want to point out inefficiencies in some public school systems as an excuse to dismantle all public school systems.

I understand the desire to make public schools more efficient, but I have a hard time supporting anyone who wants to dismantle the public school system. Even if you are one of those people who think adults end up in bad situations because they make bad choices in life, the same cannot be said about kids. Kids don’t choose their parents and don’t choose to be born into a bad situation. Among a myriad of other reasons, our country needs a strong public school system so that kids have a chance to break the cycle and pull themselves out of a bad situation. People also don’t realize how many things public schools do for kids who have a bad home situation in terms of providing basic needs.

I won’t get into all the reasons why private vs. public schools stats are not apples to apples.

I do understand concerns about teachers unions and believe there needs to be reform.
When public schools took trade courses out of them, that was the death of education at the general level. Grades don't prepare you for the job you'll work for or the business you'll own. Millionaires need to stop investing in recreational parks and general education period.

Reactions: WOOK66
No good deed goes unpunished.
Maybe some of the rich FSU boosters should start businesses instead of wasting it on entertainment for the ungrateful masses?

I don’t know if I’d call his public struggle session and profession faith at the alter of BLM, a good deed.

EXCELLENT POINT! Especially, referencing Baltimore’s situation.

Until people and specifically parents, collectively lead the community and the school boards to TEACH kids to learn and behave it will continue to produce poor results.

Too many parents expect and almost demand that their kids are babysat by the educational system without the ability to enforce good conduct. Thereby, producing good and lawful citizens.

Kids deserve better, and parents need to step up to the plate! Pretty simple but sometime hard to execute.

hopefully, your point of view is taken as others have made theirs known that a donations is a good deed. But, doing that has its limitations. And if those of us that want to truly change what is being done about those that are in need point out this to those that make a simple assumption that this will fix the problem, then maybe we can collectively change what is not working into a working solution.

peace to all!

Last edited:
Reactions: nolaholic
When public schools took trade courses out of them, that was the death of education at the general level. Grades don't prepare you for the job you'll work for or the business you'll own. Millionaires need to stop investing in recreational parks and general education period.

you speak the truth. I visit many factories, assembly and manufacturing and some other situation and the need for good skilled workers is great.

there is nothing wrong with someone being a carpenter, plumber, assembler, machinists, etc......

Reactions: 1GiantKing

I couldn’t disagree with your post more.

There has been no death of education. That’s melodramatic and ridiculous. Should we tweak public education and makes it better? Yes. Should we throw out the baby with the bath water? No.

Of course grades don’t prepare you. Grades measure your performance in school.

Recreational parks and public education are two completely different things. Both are very worthy causes.

Generous millionaires are a wonderful thing.

Selfless people acting contrary to their self interest is a wonderful thing.

investing is a broad concept. Return on investment is subjective. Sometimes the return on investment is just the good feeling of doing what you feel is right. And sometimes that feeling is more than enough.

Reactions: BonitaNole
I couldn’t disagree with your post more.

There has been no death of education. That’s melodramatic and ridiculous. Should we tweak public education and makes it better? Yes. Should we throw out the baby with the bath water? No.

Of course grades don’t prepare you. Grades measure your performance in school.

Recreational parks and public education are two completely different things. Both are very worthy causes.

Generous millionaires are a wonderful thing.

Selfless people acting contrary to their self interest is a wonderful thing.

investing is a broad concept. Return on investment is subjective. Sometimes the return on investment is just the good feeling of doing what you feel is right. And sometimes that feeling is more than enough.
Investing into a institution that doesn't prepare you for adult life is a waste of money. You're a kid for 18 years and an adult for 50 plus years. We need preparation for the next workers and business owners and not preparations for tests to do good in school.

Reactions: WOOK66
I think we are talking about two different things.

Do all public schools help prepare all kids for all aspects of life? Absolutely not.

Do public schools help prepare kids for life? Absolutely yes.

Is donating money towards public parks and public educational institutions a waste of money? Absolutely not.

Is investing money in public parks and public educational institutions a waste of money? Absolutely not.

Should a donor or investor expect to receive a personal monetary profit when donating or investing money in public parks and public educational institutions? Absolutely not.

Investing into a institution that doesn't prepare you for adult life is a waste of money. You're a kid for 18 years and an adult for 50 plus years. We need preparation for the next workers and business owners and not preparations for tests to do good in school.

I agree!

I think we are talking about two different things.

Do all public schools help prepare all kids for all aspects of life? Absolutely not.

Do public schools help prepare kids for life? Absolutely yes.

Is donating money towards public parks and public educational institutions a waste of money? Absolutely not.

Is investing money in public parks and public educational institutions a waste of money? Absolutely not.

Should a donor or investor expect to receive a personal monetary profit when donating or investing money in public parks and public educational institutions? Absolutely not.
$1 million dollars donated to young entrepreneurs could create alot of jobs. Giving more money to a general public school doesn't guarantee good grades at all. The desire to make good grades is determined by the individual and parental skills they are being exposed to. Play grounds as a kid doesn't make you a better worker or inspire you to create a business. Public school is nothing more than a freeday care to keep kids busy while parents work. After you learn how to read, write, and do basic mathematics and understand how to be healthy the rest of the subjects are a waste of time. Had I been taught a trade and mastered it and given $1 million dollars to start a business at 18 after high school and taught about money and financial literature, I'd be a multimillionaire now.

Not really, employing people is a much more positively impactful endeavor. However, I am happy to read Jalen giving back in such a big way. But, I understand the intent of the post (I think). Creating enterprises directly helps people put food in the table. A lot of administrative overhead tied to educational systems. biggest expense is teacher pensions (which they deserve but a lot of today’s dollars raisers got to paying for retired pensioners not the students).
This is nonsensical thinking in my mind. If you educate people they can get good jobs or maybe just build their own business and employ not only themselves but others. (and by the way those pensioners earned every dime in my opinion) JMHO

Reactions: chumleynole
This is nonsensical thinking in my mind. If you educate people they can get good jobs or maybe just build their own business and employ not only themselves but others. (and by the way those pensioners earned every dime in my opinion) JMHO
It depends on how do you define "education". You have grade school education and this is what Ramsey donated to and you have job skill based education which helps you professionally carry out job related tasks. Getting all A's will get you the same high school diploma as Getting all C's. Once the A student and C student graduate they are in the real world and it's even. No application asks you what your GPA, SAT, or ACT scores are at all. They generally check your work history and call your previous employers. It's sad kids are being mislead into the college loan debt scam with a degree that doesn't have enough jobs to hire in your field

It depends on how do you define "education". You have grade school education and this is what Ramsey donated to and you have job skill based education which helps you professionally carry out job related tasks. Getting all A's will get you the same high school diploma as Getting all C's. Once the A student and C student graduate they are in the real world and it's even. No application asks you what your GPA, SAT, or ACT scores are at all. They generally check your work history and call your previous employers. It's sad kids are being mislead into the college loan debt scam with a degree that doesn't have enough jobs to hire in your field
Your GPA, SAT, ACT score does impact what college you can get in. The name of the school does make a difference on your resume. I would also say that is very likely that high achieving kids turn into more often then not high achieving adults. Cs shows either laziness or a lack of ability. Some will change but a lot will not. Yep, Ramsey gave money to a school that has young children. He did it to make their lives a little better. Hard for me to believe that anyone would critique that action.

$1 million dollars donated to young entrepreneurs could create alot of jobs. Giving more money to a general public school doesn't guarantee good grades at all. The desire to make good grades is determined by the individual and parental skills they are being exposed to. Play grounds as a kid doesn't make you a better worker or inspire you to create a business. Public school is nothing more than a freeday care to keep kids busy while parents work. After you learn how to read, write, and do basic mathematics and understand how to be healthy the rest of the subjects are a waste of time. Had I been taught a trade and mastered it and given $1 million dollars to start a business at 18 after high school and taught about money and financial literature, I'd be a multimillionaire now.

At least we are getting to the core of your true beliefs.

Yes, $1 million dollars donated to young entrepreneurs could create jobs.

Yes, $1 million dollars donated to a public park or public school could create benefits to many people, including jobs.

No one is saying giving more money to a general public school is a guarantee of good grades.

The desire to make good grades is not only determined by the individual and parents but also all the other people in a student's walk of life (including teachers, mentors, community leaders, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters, cousins, etc. etc. etc.).

Among serving various other roles, yes, school (whether public or private) serves as a means of day care for parents, but public school is not just day care. That's one of the most cynical, ridiculous and ignorant generalizations I have read in a good while.

Your next statement about the rest of the subjects being a waste of time is even more ridiculous. I don't even know where to start. You are actually advocating leaving our country's kids in complete ignorance of the world beyond being able to read, write, do basic mathematics and understand how to be healthy? How is everything else a "waste of time", exactly?

"Had I been taught a trade and mastered it and given $1 million dollars to start a business at 18 after high school and taught about money and financial literature, I'd be a multimillionaire now."

I mean, I understand the argument that more kids should be thinking about learning a trade instead of attending college racking up debt on worthless degrees (and I tend to agree with that), but your post has goes off the deep end in extremes and generalizations.

Plus, if anyone is one person is given $1 million under any circumstances when they are 18, then I would guess that their chance of being a multimillionaire probably increases by a million %.

Really odd post, IMO.

Reactions: chumleynole
At least we are getting to the core of your true beliefs.

Yes, $1 million dollars donated to young entrepreneurs could create jobs.

Yes, $1 million dollars donated to a public park or public school could create benefits to many people, including jobs.

No one is saying giving more money to a general public school is a guarantee of good grades.

The desire to make good grades is not only determined by the individual and parents but also all the other people in a student's walk of life (including teachers, mentors, community leaders, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters, cousins, etc. etc. etc.).

Among serving various other roles, yes, school (whether public or private) serves as a means of day care for parents, but public school is not just day care. That's one of the most cynical, ridiculous and ignorant generalizations I have read in a good while.

Your next statement about the rest of the subjects being a waste of time is even more ridiculous. I don't even know where to start. You are actually advocating leaving our country's kids in complete ignorance of the world beyond being able to read, write, do basic mathematics and understand how to be healthy? How is everything else a "waste of time", exactly?

"Had I been taught a trade and mastered it and given $1 million dollars to start a business at 18 after high school and taught about money and financial literature, I'd be a multimillionaire now."

I mean, I understand the argument that more kids should be thinking about learning a trade instead of attending college racking up debt on worthless degrees (and I tend to agree with that), but your post has goes off the deep end in extremes and generalizations.

Plus, if anyone is one person is given $1 million under any circumstances when they are 18, then I would guess that their chance of being a multimillionaire probably increases by a million %.

Really odd post, IMO.

Not really, and I anticipate that you think that solving the core issue is easily satisfied with money.

I look at successful people in my area, all type of backgrounds. Most of their stories start with a desire to do for themselves and provide for themselves. No indoctrination of diversity is mentioned in their history other than that they fought through economic and social issues. Some more economic and some social. So, if kids, students are constantly reminded that things and life should be fair, well, it’s not as you know. Period.
Giving money is great! But, have you looked at the receiver of the donation and their agenda? How many poor Spanish or Haitian schools harp on diversity? Again, the money donation is great and should be commended. However, if we all don’t realize that this is a great country that has laws and a constitution in place and that we all have access to resources to make our dreams real, then it’s going to look like it does today. See the NBA short lived boycott. Where is it noted and practiced at these public schools that discipline and respect is first and foremost? It ain’t there! Other than speaking about their communities as being disadvantaged. Some very successful people that I talk to sometimes say they were too poor to know that they were too poor and made do with what they had! Talk to immigrants from other countries that came here for just the smallest chance at what we have. You’ll be shocked to hear their stories and what they accomplished. In summary, it’s all about attitude. Poor and underprivileged communities are a fact. But, the solutions and opportunities are there, every freaking day. Just have to look for your pathway to success.

Good things come in cans, not in cannots!

Not really, employing people is a much more positively impactful endeavor. However, I am happy to read Jalen giving back in such a big way. But, I understand the intent of the post (I think). Creating enterprises directly helps people put food in the table. A lot of administrative overhead tied to educational systems. biggest expense is teacher pensions (which they deserve but a lot of today’s dollars raisers got to paying for retired pensioners not the students).
This post is so short sighted, I don't know where to begin....to be employable, you must have a decent education. A lot of the schools in under privileged areas do not even equip kids to get into college (even with good grades at their low educational standards)...talking about putting the cart before the horse...or in the case of short sighted posters...

Last edited by a moderator:
This post is so short sighted, I don't know where to begin....to be employable, you must have a decent education. A lot of the schools in under privileged areas do not even equip kids to get into college (even with good grades at their low educational standards)...talking about putting the cart before the horse...or in the case of short sighted posters...the jackass!
Well, let’s put it this way and I will refrain from using questionable name calling nouns.
First, I’m not sure if you realize it but you are actually confirming what this poster and some others are saying. Public schools, and according to you, underprivileged ones, do not properly equip the kids for life. Think about that for a moment. I’ll conclude and assume that you, by your own statement, will conclude this system is not working!
Second, what good has it been to increase budgets, increase teachers pay, feed the kids cause that absolutely need it, and not hold school boards and teachers accountable for that mess? Donating more to a system that at this level produces less than desired results in academia is senseless. Change is needed. A whole makeover is due. But, there is a catch!
That catch is the community. Teachers, parents, citizens, lay people and clergy. Et al!
Third, a mindset rotation from it’s all about this to it’s all about that. I’ve lived in some of the worse inner city areas that have been complaining, rioting, fighting, promoting division as a way to fix things. Let’s just say those local leaders have been and continue to live high on the hog and it’s been 60 years or more. It’s a trap to donate to ppl and institutions that do Not have the accountability, ability, determination and intention of teaching what I would consider that of which is lawful, right and just.

so, it’s nice that someone cares enough to donate to the kids that need it. But, I think that alternative point of view in this thread is make it a lasting affect on the kids is what is number 1. In the USA no one is held back because of the lack of opportunity. You may not agree but it’s my life story and I think that others in this thread may have a similar experience. It’s not about where you’ve been however it IS about where you’re going!

peace bro and allow an alternative point of view to an extremely nice deed that Ramsey has done!

To be clear, I am not advocating abolishing public school systems. One day, we may have leadership that fixes the issues but regardless of party public school education has gotten worse for decades. I am in favor of spending resources in a way that actually garners positive results.

Good lord, never said the pensioners didn’t. They get underpaid during working years to get the pension. That odd how superintendents and union chiefs have negotiated for decades. please just read the posts and try not to get too emotional. I have also said it is a great deed and action of generosity on Jalen’s part. I simply was stating I can understand what the booster was trying to say (I think). If I run a business, I can hire, felons, people with GEDs, BSchool grads, trade schools grads etc...a good education is great but not guaranteed. Especially in the inner cities that tend to be the highest funded with the worst results. where as hiring somebody for a living wage is 100% guaranteed. Too many of you are trying to make this binary and trying to figure out ways to argue because somehow people are emotionally involved here? So weird to me. And hey, you can certainly disagree with me and say my thinking is “nonsensical”. That is fine but I think you may be purposefully issuing my pint because you are taking a philosophical discussion personally and not objectively.

we could try to patent to each other and find common ground. As another poster pointed out we likely agree on many things regarding education but may differ simply on what the solutions are. Again that’s ok. These discussions preferably do not need to devolve into binary all or nothing arguments. But for some perhaps. I appreciate your response either way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT