ADVERTISEMENT

Jameis and Marcus compared by ESPN

Both QBs have shown a lot so far. Exceeding expectations in their development and poise.

I would give the slight edge to Jameis but am mightily impressed with Mariota. You knew JW was going to be a great pro. Did not have those same expectations for Mariota.

Both have been great and are going to be elite QBs going forward. Still wish my Titans could have gotten Jameis but Mariota isn't a bad backup plan!

Anyone surprised by mariotta's ability to play in the NFL? I was in the camp that he wouldn't adapt well but I appear to be wrong. Good to see he's doing well. Would be cool if both of Winston and mariotta have long term success.

We haven't had a spread Qb do well consistently in the nfl yet. They usually flash for a year or two. I don't wish harm to MM but that's the pattern thus far

I thought Winston was the 2nd best pro prospect in the last 15 years....and he is playing better than I thought he would.

He is already better than a number of starting qbs in the NFL. He learned incredibly quick how to avoid turnovers. I thought it would take him some time to not trust his arm so much and try and fit balls into windows he shouldn't be throwing into.

--also-- that drop rate mentioned in the article seems very conservative to me. Mike Evans has only 10 drops on the year? He drops several passes per game.

Last edited:
That was a great article and I agree, both look excellent for rookie quarterbacks.

I thought Winston was the 2nd best pro prospect in the last 15 years....and he is playing better than I thought he would.

He is already better than a number of starting qbs in the NFL. He learned incredibly quick how to avoid turnovers. I thought it would take him some time to not trust his arm so much and try and fit balls into windows he shouldn't be throwing into.

--also-- that drop rate mentioned in the article seems very conservative to me. Mike Evans has only 10 drops on the year? He drops several passes per game.
Really. Didn't Evans have an NFL record of 6 in one game? Hard to believe there's only been four others.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT