ADVERTISEMENT

JD Drew vs. Stephen Drew

Not even close? Really?

I'm guessing the Not even close part was b/w the Drews not JD and the rest of college baseball's best players ever.

I'm no College Baseball historian, but I would say that JD is definitely the best Nole ever (while at FSU). Buster was awesome and JD was much better IMO.

I do seem to remember Buster playing all 9 positions on the team in one game..........once. Please correct me if I'm wrong on that and let us know what the deal was.

I do seem to remember Buster playing all 9 positions on the team in one game..........once. Please correct me if I'm wrong on that and let us know what the deal was.

He did. Coach Martin did let the other team's manager know ahead of time that he was going to do it.

He did. Coach Martin did let the other team's manager know ahead of time that he was going to do it.

And if I remember correctly when it was his turn to pitch didn't he strike out the batters he faced? Bwahahaha!?

And if I remember correctly when it was his turn to pitch didn't he strike out the batters he faced? Bwahahaha!?

I'm pretty sure he faced two batters & struck out both; iirc he also hit a grand slam in that game. He wasn't the first Nole to play all 9 spots in a game - there were several prior to him. I know Martin Jr did it, I think in his senior year, and I've seen it indicated that Buster was the 4th. I think maybe Luis Alicea did it when he was with us, but don't know that for sure.

As has already been said, JD Drew is one of the greatest college players in history. That's not up for debate. He's FSU's greatest player by a large margin.

BUT...he didn't hit 6 HR in one game. Can you guys remember who did that (without googling)?

Reactions: squiffynole
To me JD was the best who has taken the field for FSU but he is not the Nole who sits #2 on the all time home run list with 97 and he never hit 42 in one year. That would be...

You think Mongo is really Leff Ledbetter??
lol ahh no Treetops Ledbetter was all of 6'3-6'4 and 215-220 Steve Budnick aka "Mongo" was at best 5"10 and between 215-230 . So not the same person. To the O.P. J.D Drew was the best college baseball player i ever saw play. With Buster coming close because he played a harder field postion. But Don't forget that Led was a pretty solid pitcher as well

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT