ADVERTISEMENT

Jessica Jones

mjpwooo

Veteran Seminole Insider
Mar 29, 2002
Tampa, FL
Just finished watching and thought it was very good. The villain kept me on edge, and quite frankly is one of the scariest villains that I can think of in comics on the big or small screen. (some may not like the actor's portrayal, but that's not what I am talking about. I thought he was great.)

Very cool how they have woven in/opened the door to Daredevil. And I enjoyed Luke Cage. Is Trish an eventual hero? And Simpson is an eventual villian, right?

While not as enjoyable as Daredevil (for me), it was VERY good.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
I'm only 2 episodes in. It's starting slow but I have faith.

Watched a bunch of them, just figured out the TV streams Netflix, and thought it was good, but very slows and meandering at times. The characters make a bad decision, followed by another bad decisions, followed by another with no help from the villain. It seems like every character has 40 IQ. It also had a certain StarTrek Voyager feel which was a bit distracting at times.

I'm about half way through and liking it more than Daredevil, but I stopped reading comic books when I was a teenager so have no background with any of these super heroes. Daredevil had a little comic relief; so far, our new heroine survives in a very bleak world.

I think Netflix will be putting out a Luke Cage series next year.

I'm about half way through and liking it more than Daredevil, but I stopped reading comic books when I was a teenager so have no background with any of these super heroes. Daredevil had a little comic relief; so far, our new heroine survives in a very bleak world.

I think Netflix will be putting out a Luke Cage series next year.

They are still moving forward with a Luke Cage and Iron Fist series. The original plan was one season of Daredevil, one season each of JJ, LC and IF and then a season or more of the combined Defenders using actors from all four series. But Daredevil was such a huge critical and fanwatched hit that they're doing a season 2 of that focusing on the Punisher and Deadshot. There were reports until this week that Iron Fist was officially cancelled as for some reason they've had trouble casting and more importantly writing it, but Netflix said earlier this week it's NOT cancelled it just needs more work. To me, Iron Fist is an easier write than Luke Cage or Jessica Jones so I don't understand the issues they've had with it. And because of the Iron Fist delay, I don't know when they'll get to the Defenders teamup series. But that's fine as long as I get a couple of great Daredevil seasons. Being a former crime fighting attorney who was only half-blind myself, I am fully appreciative of the Daredevil series.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT