ADVERTISEMENT

Jim and Milts Closing

I was never a fan of their BBQ, but I've eaten breakfast there a billion times (used to live across the street for two years in college) and love going there when in town. I had my 40th birthday get-together there for post-golf dinner.

My go to back in the day was a fish sandwich which was always awesome.

Oh wow....that was literally my meal plan for several years. Some SMOKING HOT waitresses back in the day. This is sad.
i fondly remember pitchers were $1.99 when i first got on campus. My wife and both of her sisters worked there.

tanner-computer-kid.gif

Reactions: UnstoppaNole
I was never a fan of their BBQ, but I've eaten breakfast there a billion times (used to live across the street for two years in college) and love going there when in town. I had my 40th birthday get-together there for post-golf dinner.

My go to back in the day was a fish sandwich which was always awesome.
LOL. And Miami simply has better players, too.....

It was a lot of food, the main prerequisite. Big drink glasses. Barnaby’s not so much.

LOL. And Miami simply has better players, too.....
Overall, Miami has better players that we do this year.

Their passing offense is better than our back-seven, but our DL is better than their OL. We did a great job of stopping their run and pressuring their QB.

We have to catch up with the likes of Miami and NCSU in talent at key positions. We won at home in a nail biter and no one is happier than am I, but to deny that there is a talent gap in some key positions segments is to be blind.

Reactions: Nole Animal
Oh no, terrible news.

The old time Tuckers, long gone. The old Sonnys on the parkway, gone. Loopers, gone. Cabos, gone. Jim and Milts, going. Will the Sweet Shop be next or have I missed something?
Times change, obviously, but DANG.....these are some monumental losses, and you did not even mention The Phryst, Fred's, Barnacle Bill's or Silver Slipper.....if Kevin's or Nic's ever closes -- either one -- I'm going in my bunker and awaiting the apocolypse.

Overall, Miami has better players that we do this year.

Their passing offense is better than our back-seven, but our DL is better than their OL. We did a great job of stopping their run and pressuring their QB.

We have to catch up with the likes of Miami and NCSU in talent at key positions. We won at home in a nail biter and no one is happier than am I, but to deny that there is a talent gap in some key positions segments is to be blind.
Your insights on football are on par with your insights on Tallahassee BBQ.

Oh no, terrible news.

The old time Tuckers, long gone. The old Sonnys on the parkway, gone. Loopers, gone. Cabos, gone. Jim and Milts, going. Will the Sweet Shop be next or have I missed something?
Plus Fat Man’s BBQ, which pre-dated Sonny’s in Tallahassee.

I really miss Tuckers. AYCE fried chicken and coconut cream pie to die for! Back when Four Points was an actual four point intersection with railroad tracks that had train traffic.

I just called them, twice. Let it ring 10+ times each call. No answer. Not necessarily conclusive of anything, but not a good sign......maybe they are already closed???
I have a condo on Hayden road, next to the stadium and about 3 blocks from Jim and Milts. We routinely go there for breakfast on game weekends. We stayed in Tally the week between NC State and Miami and tried a couple of time to eat there, but they were closed. There is a note on the door that said they cannot hire workers.

Also, they have been investing in student housing for a little while now. So maybe they are taking another path.

I have a condo on Hayden road, next to the stadium and about 3 blocks from Jim and Milts. We routinely go there for breakfast on game weekends. We stayed in Tally the week between NC State and Miami and tried a couple of time to eat there, but they were closed. There is a note on the door that said they cannot hire workers.

Also, they have been investing in student housing for a little while now. So maybe they are taking another path.
They gone…..

We also visited every Sunday morning before leaving town. The last couple times it hadn’t been open for breakfast due to lack of staff. Is it actually closing? That is very sad if true.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT