ADVERTISEMENT

Journey

No Steve Perry. 🤨😟
GIRL, CAN'T HELP IT!
You may need some LOVIN', TOUCHIN' and SQUEEZIN' as the WHEEL IN THE SKY remains well above the LIGHTS. When I'm aaaa-looaoaoan, aaaall by myself... OH, SHERRIE, can you just STAY (WITH ME) AWHILE? :cool:
Mr. Perry, now age 73, has a net worth 50 mil..... that will buy him a few $29.95 beers at the stadium.....

Reactions: goldmom
GIRL, CAN'T HELP IT!
You may need some LOVIN', TOUCHIN' and SQUEEZIN' as the WHEEL IN THE SKY remains well above the LIGHTS. When I'm aaaa-looaoaoan, aaaall by myself... OH, SHERRIE, can you just STAY (WITH ME) AWHILE? :cool:
Mr. Perry, now age 73, has a net worth 50 mil..... that will buy him a few $29.95 beers at the stadium.....
You sound like a Journey fan from waaay back...

Reactions: MagNoleA
They're Filipino singer sounds exactly like him. Great story you can find samples on youtube. And they made a movie about him think it was called Don't stop believing
Ya, it's on Netflix. It's literally a come from nothing story, a YouTube sensation.

My ol' lady has a Journey obsession that borders on unhealthy, but she has no interest in a five-hour round trip to pay that much to see a Steve Perry-less performance.

Reactions: MagNoleA
I've also noticed many venues have started charging $10-20 more for the 2 seats on the aisle.
Just started noticing that within the past few months. Squeezing every damn penny out.

And now for the rest of the story.

We were looking for the way to get up to the third level. We asked someone was was event staff. She pointed to a escalator but said stay right there a minute. We thought that was odd.

It got even more cururious when a woman who the event staff person was talking tor said to me, boy, you guys sure lucked out.

And she was right. This event staff person had tickets on the floor that were going to go unused so she was handing them out. And she handed us two of them.

So we got $1,537.50 TIMES TWO tickets for $255.

Compare those prices to the $112 for two tix that we paid to see McCartney in 2002.

When The Who played that same venue in 2019 the cheapest ticket I believe was around $250.

Last edited:
I saw Journey in 1980 for $6.50. General admission. Got there early and had perfect seats.

Artists can't sell records anymore so they have to make the money off touring. Thus the higher prices. At least that's my guess.

I saw Journey in 1980 for $6.50. General admission. Got there early and had perfect seats.

Artists can't sell records anymore so they have to make the money off touring. Thus the higher prices. At least that's my guess.
In the 80's you could see anyone for under 10 bucks. Kiss, Rush, AC/DC. They were all cheap.

In the 80's you could see anyone for under 10 bucks. Kiss, Rush, AC/DC. They were all cheap.
I saw the Steve Miller Band at Atlanta Six Flags for six bucks back in the early 90s.

They played at the Center of Tallahassee a couple of years back and the ticket price was in the triple digits.

I saw the Steve Miller Band at Atlanta Six Flags for six bucks back in the early 90s.

They played at the Center of Tallahassee a couple of years back and the ticket price was in the triple digits.
I remember as a kid in the late 70's my brother complaining he paid 6 bucks to see Kiss and the opening band was just AC/DC. :)

They are selling songs via Spotify, etc type platforms. So they are making money from recording.

Bands carry quite an entourage with them these days. That means a lot of people on the payroll. And it isn't just come out and play a concert. It is now a show with lights and other media going on at the same time. In other words, tech stuff. Then throw in for some of these bands a 30 plus piece orchestra which adds to the payroll. Travel is not cheap as we know. And these bands are not staying at Motel 6 where they leave the light on for you.

BTW, right after Close to the Edge came out, I saw Yes in concert where the ticket price was $3.75. Even better was the really hot blonde I took to the concert.

I can't decide if I hate Ticketmaster Platinum or just what the ticket game has become, probably both.

Ticketmaster will still hold tickets back and slowly release groups of seats so scalpers can't buy them all when the window opens. This worked well for a few years, at least for me.

For most large events nowadays, ticketmaster will hold back a lot of tickets then trickle release them as "Platinum" seats, which are "based on market value" but cheaper than the resale prices.
Now your choices are VIP packages, which are jacked up ticket prices that come with lanyards, parking, posters, etc. - the new Platinum Seats at market value, or the resale(scalper) tickets. This leaves very little room for the normal face value tickets that seem to only be available via pre-sale.

For example - I got tickets last week to the Dead & Company show in Atlanta - I got face value tickets via pre-sale for $130 each (not great seats either) - even to get these seats took a good amount of hovering and refreshing.
There were Platinum seats near for around $275 and resale seats for around $400.
I went back on TM for the general on-sale time and there were zero face value tickets, only Platinum, resale, and VIP.
You can still see a few examples of the different types. (Blue is platinum, pink is resale, yellow is VIP)

Last edited:
They are selling songs via Spotify, etc type platforms. So they are making money from recording.

Bands carry quite an entourage with them these days. That means a lot of people on the payroll. And it isn't just come out and play a concert. It is now a show with lights and other media going on at the same time. In other words, tech stuff. Then throw in for some of these bands a 30 plus piece orchestra which adds to the payroll. Travel is not cheap as we know. And these bands are not staying at Motel 6 where they leave the light on for you.

BTW, right after Close to the Edge came out, I saw Yes in concert where the ticket price was $3.75. Even better was the really hot blonde I took to the concert.
They're not making nearly the money that they made off album sales back before streaming. There's so much sharing and whatnot going on it would be impossible.

Reactions: NoleLizards
We t to a ELO concert three years ago. Ticket price for the very back in the third level was $255 for two tix.

On the floor 25 rows back from the band was $1,537.50 per ticket.
How was ELO in concert? I was a huge fan…back in the day.

Reactions: seminoleed
I just watched the "Queen with Adam Lambert" documentary last night.

Worth a watch...I think they all handled the fact that no one can "replace" Freddie Mercury aspect that everyone will be thinking.

On a side note...there are just some flat out talented people out there.

Only Florida tour stop announced for Jax, Sunday February 26th. Toto opens.
Old folks get out your Journey tees and be there!
Old folks? I resemble that remark.
GIRL CAN'T HELP IT!
Thank you, kindly.
Steve

No Steve Perry. 🤨😟
I've heard through some very reliable gossip, that he is coming to Tally in January. Wants to revisit Ruby Diamond Auditorium to follow up his initial visit of April '78. Or he could be picking his boogers and forget all about it. Who nose?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT