ADVERTISEMENT

Karlos Williams - Bills RB

DeathTaxesNoles

Walk-on
Apr 30, 2002
After watching Karlos as FSU RB for 2 years, I never would have projected him to start as an NFL RB.

FSU rushing career:
Year G Att Yds Avg TD
2013 14 91 730 8.0 11
2014 12 150 689 4.6 11

I just didn't see the Emmitt Smith style vision during his FSU runs. We knew he was a breakaway locomotive on the straightaway.

Now he has two 100 yard games on limited carries and with Lesean Mccoy out he will get a majority of the touches.

Los was a good back at FSU but he generally ran where the play was designed to run. If the OL was supposed to open a hole to the left, he went left. Only occassionally would he cut it to the right if the hole wasn't there. With the inconsistent play of our OL, that is what you have to do to have success, and why DVF did relatively better than him.

At Buffalo, he's got a pro line and doesn't need to find his own holes as much.

You can tell that the focus on football only has polished his RB skills immensely. Looks like a totally different player. He is now a ball carrier instead of just a runner.

I think the Bills' blocking scheme is better suited. As LT says he is not equipped with a ton of vision but he has great speed so it's hit the hole and go...Rex loves that and got the back that suits him.

I'm very happy for him but expecting a shorter career. I really hope he can get to a 2nd contract, that would be fantastic.

I don't think his skills have changed at all, he is still fast and strong. I think he is behind a line that opens holes where they are expected to be open, rather than requiring improvisation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT