ADVERTISEMENT

Key West Restaurant Recommendations

FSU_Chris

All-ACC
Gold Member
Oct 26, 2005
Nole Family -

Taking my wife down to the Keys for her 40th in late April/ early May. I've never been down there so unsure of the restaurant scene. I'd appreciate any recommendations on places to eat, what to see, etc. We are staying down there for 5 days so I feel like I have time on my side. I'd like her birthday meal to be special and nice so an upscale restaurant or two would be appreciated.

Appreciate any help.

I enjoyed the food and atmosphere at Blue Heaven when we went for brunch.

Had the lobster melt, bloody mary, key lime pie.

Other things I remember:
Truman's Little White House - where President Truman spent winters during his presidency.
Walked along Front Street during sunset - Mallory Square, street performers, bars.
Casa Marina Waldorf Astoria - good beach
Walked by Hemingway's house and saw the cats, didn't go on the tour though. (Very close to Blue Heaven)
We stayed at the Weatherstation Inn and took the pedicab everywhere we didn't walk.

Last edited:
Reactions: FSU_Chris
For afternoon drinks/appetizers/music:
Schooners Warf
Dante’s poolside-same
Willie T’s
Dinner:
Conch House
A&B Lobster
Pinchers
Mangrove Mommas on Sugarloaf is excellent

You literally can’t go wrong anywhere down there.

Reactions: FSU_Chris
I enjoyed the food and atmosphere at Blue Heaven when we went for brunch.

Had the lobster melt, bloody mary, key lime pie.

Other things I remember:
Truman's Little White House - where President Truman spent winters during his presidency.
Walked along Front Street during sunset - Mallory Square, street performers, bars.
Casa Marina Waldorf Astoria - good beach
Walked by Hemingway's house and saw the cats, didn't go on the tour though. (Very close to Blue Heaven)
We stayed at the Weatherstation Inn and took the pedicab everywhere we didn't walk.

I second the Blue Heaven sentiment. I have been fortunate enough to travel the world and eat at some of the worlds best restaurant, and I can say I never enjoyed a meal more than eating diver scallops at Blue Heaven.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT