ADVERTISEMENT

Keys reefs bleaching!

littleitch1

Seminole Insider
Nov 26, 2008
This breaks my heart!

Fan2u did you hear of this?

I want to look tomorrow to see how can help financially etc

We lose the reefs our oceanic eco system is doomed!

I just heard about it from a friend

• Sad
Reactions: BrianNole777
Last weekend we were at Jupiter beach visiting some family. We’re walking down beach around 12 noon. It’s 96+ degrees outside. Crowd of people staring at something. Walk over. 5 baby turtle hatchlings for some reason hatched in daylight and were trying to make their way to the water. Everyone watching, keeping their distance. About a minute later the turtles stopped moving. They all cooked from the hot sand. Crazy.

Last weekend we were at Jupiter beach visiting some family. We’re walking down beach around 12 noon. It’s 96+ degrees outside. Crowd of people staring at something. Walk over. 5 baby turtle hatchlings for some reason hatched in daylight and were trying to make their way to the water. Everyone watching, keeping their distance. About a minute later the turtles stopped moving. They all cooked from the hot sand. Crazy.

Yes I have heard and seen it. Very sad indeed. They are trying to relocate corals into cooler tanks until the temperatures come down. Most coral survives in 85 degrees in South Florida. Above 90 for this long and most is going to die. Without the reefs, the coastal areas are going to be screwed. Global warming, whatever the cause, is killing Coastal cities. And just wait for a hurricane to come our way! I don't know if I want to stay if that happens.

c9170934-35d5-421b-afd4-80185e6cfb88_text.gif

I would have moved them, but by the time they stopped, the damage was likely already done. This event has been happening for thousands

Our last couple of years have seen more storms in September so until we get well into October this next six weeks will be our “danger zone”.
I love the "danger zone."
Pete "Maverick" Mitchell. I feel the need for speed. Talk to me Goose.

Reactions: goldmom
Well
It looks like the keys will get the tropical system!

It should cool the water temps down nicely with the influx of many inches of rain!

Reactions: DFSNOLE
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT