ADVERTISEMENT

Knee jerk reaction

grumpiebk

Veteran Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Feb 11, 2007
Boynton Beach, FL
I was initially frustrated at the news of the postponement of tonight’s game. Embarrassed that the admin let a team travel here last night after knowing of an issue.

But then I remembered how I felt in August. That we’d never get this far. That we’d be lucky for a few games. We are all so passionate about this team and have had another tough go at it this year, but we are fortunate to have a season at all.

All school administrators have a tough task right now. Balancing the desire to play, generate revenue with the safety and health of all involved. With a “depleted roster” you can’t argue they didn’t make the right decision. The timing was unfortunate but I am guessing they were trying to do everything they could to salvage the game. Let’s give them the benefit of the doubt and not melt down.

I feel worst for the fans traveling to tally for the game. I hope there is something that can be done to accommodate them. Otherwise, we can expect not many people are going to travel in from out of town until this virus is fully gone which could be a long while.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News