ADVERTISEMENT

Lawrence Phillips - does he stain Osborn's legacy?

MathisJones

Seminole Insider
Jan 11, 2005
Omaha, NE
I'm sure you've all heard about LP allegedly murdering his cell mate. I'm sure, too, that most college football fans associate him with Nebraska before they think of St. Louis or Miami or San Francisco.

Thus, when you think of LP & NU, you think of Tom Osborn allowing him back onto the team during their championship run. A lot of critics say Tom was going the "win at all costs" route with that (lack of) discipline.

This isn't specific to FSU at all, and in NO way am I comparing LP to JW or any other specific FSU player. However, both Jimbo and Bobby have come under fire for what some consider a lack of discipline.

From an outsider's perspective, how do you view Tom Osborn's handling of the situation? Do you think it stains him his reputation? Do you think he handled it appropriately? If not, what should he have done?

*note, a quick history that you may not know. The girl he dragged down 3 flights of stairs was his GF, who he caught having sex with Scott Frost that night. Doesn't excuse domestic violence but it's a note some don't know.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News