ADVERTISEMENT

LinkedIn - Pet Peeve

"We found these 10 positions you may be interested in."
Sometimes those recommendations aren't bad though. And it's kind of like looking, without really looking.

Like if a suggestive pop-up add shows up while I'm surfing the internet, I can watch it for a while because it's not like I went looking for it.

Sometimes those recommendations aren't bad though. And it's kind of like looking, without really looking.

Like if a suggestive pop-up add shows up while I'm surfing the internet, I can watch it for a while because it's not like I went looking for it.

Yeah, I dig the suggestions for an Oracle Developer... I'm in title and escrow management. o_O

Any suggestions on how to fit "thought leader", "system disruptor", "marketing guru", "chief thinker", on a vanity plate?

I personally love how I get requests to view a profile on my Army email system from someone who evidently is so non-tech savvy or just lazy they fail to realize that the Army email system strips the link off. Not to mention if all you have on me is my Army guy email then we are probably not very close or talk very much; heck you probably got my card at a meeting or briefing and we don't even really know each other.

My peeve is that when you perv on the hot looking sales chick or old flame from college that they can see you viewing their profile. And then when they ask why you were looking at their profile, you have to lie and deny it. And then it comes off creepy and awkward. And you hear them laughing and whispering about you. So you feel embarrased and self loathsome and have to go into the empty cubicle and fap to old episodes of Gilmore Girls to feel better about your life decisions. Right guys?

My peeve is that when you perv on the hot looking sales chick or old flame from college that they can see you viewing their profile. And then when they ask why you were looking at their profile, you have to lie and deny it. And then it comes off creepy and awkward. And you hear them laughing and whispering about you. So you feel embarrased and self loathsome and have to go into the empty cubicle and fap to old episodes of Gilmore Girls to feel better about your life decisions. Right guys?
If I had a nickel for every time I've done that...

0a286380dee8add2e2b3516fe2b5d5cc3fe48023f3c0e1de93b5bff1992d899f.jpg

That's weird. I feel like that's got to partially be on you. The suggestions that popup for me are all pretty closely related to what I actually do. I'm calling "operator error". :)

Oh, I get some that are relevant to my "resume" that makes up my profile, but the odd ball ones get me thinking that either a) there's an algo issue or b) it's just spamming.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT