ADVERTISEMENT

Make meth lab joke, get banned from Disney for life

YogiNole

Star Player
Nov 12, 2004
http://www.gq.com/story/lame-dad-joke-gets-florida-man-banned-from-disney-world-for-life

In a moment of frustration, Swindler, who says Jesus comes first in his life, followed by his family, and then Disney, joked that he could build a meth lab in his room in the time it would take to get some service.

It turns out that was a bad idea because it triggered a middle-of-the-night-raid by Orange County Sheriff's deputies and the Disney security, not to mention a lifetime ban from not just Disney World, but all Disney properties.​

Weird joke to make. But lifetime ban seems a bit harsh

http://www.gq.com/story/lame-dad-joke-gets-florida-man-banned-from-disney-world-for-life

In a moment of frustration, Swindler, who says Jesus comes first in his life, followed by his family, and then Disney, joked that he could build a meth lab in his room in the time it would take to get some service.

It turns out that was a bad idea because it triggered a middle-of-the-night-raid by Orange County Sheriff's deputies and the Disney security, not to mention a lifetime ban from not just Disney World, but all Disney properties.​

Weird joke to make. But lifetime ban seems a bit harsh

Solid entertainment value though for the Gestapo like response.

Reactions: YogiNole
How exactly would they enforce the lifetime ban at all Disney properties? Orlando Disney parks I could see - fingerprint. But Disneyland and California adventure aren't using the fingerprint identity technology, just paper tickets.

But lifetime ban seems a bit harsh

As was the police raid. Any officer who participated should forfeit his police certification as they clearly lack the minimum level of sense to exercise the powers that are granted.

Guy should just be happy they didn't shoot him, or bash his head in with a baton.

Hmmmm.....that's all you'd need to do to be banned from Disney? I might have to make a trip and make a few jokes.

Last edited by a moderator:
A childhood friend of mine is banned from Disney for life. We must have been 8 or 9 and jumped out of the boat in the Small World ride and got in with the singing robots, pretending he was one of them. Took a few minutes before Disney swat swarmed, Then he started running around...funny as hell.

How exactly would they enforce the lifetime ban at all Disney properties? Orlando Disney parks I could see - fingerprint. But Disneyland and California adventure aren't using the fingerprint identity technology, just paper tickets.
I'd guess that they wouldn't actively enforce the ban unless the guy is detained for another infraction. Then they would tack on a trespass charge, etc. Most likely couldn't make reservations for anything either.

Reactions: Urban Cryer
I'd guess that they wouldn't actively enforce the ban unless the guy is detained for another infraction. Then they would tack on a trespass charge, etc. Most likely couldn't make reservations for anything either.

Yeah, I don't know how effective it is. I know Ricky never went back as long as we were kids. Now, not surprisingly, he's in prison, so going is not an option. Crazy dude. I was not surprised when I heard he went away.

Wait is getting banned for life from Disney a bad thing? Sounds to me like some sort of lifetime achievement award.

Props to this guy for finding a way to never visit that hell hole (or any of its affiliated hell holes) again - and to do so without getting shot or suffocated by the cops?! Bravo good sir, quite the deft maneuver!!

Wait is getting banned for life from Disney a bad thing? Sounds to me like some sort of lifetime achievement award.

Props to this guy for finding a way to never visit that hell hole (or any of its affiliated hell holes) again - and to do so without getting shot or suffocated by the cops?! Bravo good sir, quite the deft maneuver!!

THIS. The guy should hope the lifetime ban is real and rigorously enforced. Disney is horrible, all while masquerading under a bogus "family values" pretense. They guys are money-grubbers beyond description. Being "banned" should be seen as a wonderful blessing.

Good ridance to that dude...they should clear more people like him out...I might actually go if they did.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, back the truck up. You have to give a fingerprint to get into Orlando Disney parks??? Seriously?

Whoa, whoa, whoa, back the truck up. You have to give a fingerprint to get into Orlando Disney parks??? Seriously?

Yeah I don't visit there often but did last year. They are doing that crap because people were buying multi day passes (which are discounted per day vs a one day pass) and selling the unused days to others. This is their way of preventing it.

A childhood friend of mine is banned from Disney for life. We must have been 8 or 9 and jumped out of the boat in the Small World ride and got in with the singing robots, pretending he was one of them. Took a few minutes before Disney swat swarmed, Then he started running around...funny as hell.
So you guys were Bebe's Kids?

I used to get out of the car in Mr Toads wild ride all the time. Guess they didn't have cameras back then, or didn't pay attention to them.

Yes and No. Most of the parks use a fingerprint scanner when you purchase tickets and have to present the finger when entering. However it doesn't keep a scan of your fingerprint, it simply runs a mathematical algorithm on the distances between different ridges and stores it as a one way hash value in their servers. You scan when you enter again, it matches the hashes up and if they match you're allowed in. I always have problems with those devices though so it drives me crazy as mine never seem to match up again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT