ADVERTISEMENT

Making smoothies ahead of time

Formerly Rockymtnole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Feb 9, 2013
Feels like my man card is in jeopardy just typing this, but what the hell..

Any ideas on how to make and keep fruit smoothies ahead of time, even just overnight, so that I can drink it on the commute into the office? I can't run the blender at 6am and wake everyone up, and haven't found a good way to keep them from turning brown and separating overnight.

Any ideas?

One of these

http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach-51101BA-Personal-Blender/dp/B00KVZ27UA

In the car with one of these so you can use it

With one of these

http://www.electotronics.com/index.aspx/ImageGallery/Index?productId=217764

Or the better version I have.

Learned it by talking to a trucker at a truck stop when on one of my long driving trips.

Freeze your fruit and spinach in baggies the night before.

Not as smooth as a Vitamix but it works.

Do you live in a studio apartment or something? Why can't you run your blender in the morning?

Keep a blender at your office and make it there. That's what I do.

Are you poor or something?

Solution:

vitamix-quiet-one.jpg
[/URL]

Originally posted by SeaPA:

Do you live in a studio apartment or something? Why can't you run your blender in the morning?
Young children. We have a Vitamix and that thing is loud as hell, especially with frozen fruit. I don't want to wake everyone in the house at 530-6am.

I'm confused...just make at night and then freeze. Eat in the morning.

Oxidation could make it turn colors, but that shouldn't be a big deal I don't think.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by Former...mtnole:
Originally posted by SeaPA:

Young children. We have a Vitamix and that thing is loud as hell, especially with frozen fruit. I don't want to wake everyone in the house at 530-6am.

Then make your smoothie at 4:30.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT