ADVERTISEMENT

Minds between the Lines

jhnoles6602

Veteran Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Apr 21, 2018
Start with……….
FYI, hate these season openers because there is so much SH!T to distract anyone, but it plays into the under dogs favor. A season opener it enough in itself.

Most Eye Opening thing that hit me was realizing how TALENTED we really were last yr. I know it’s one game but it’s easy see. Can these guys turn it around yes but it’s going to be a long road taking the L out the gate.

I remembering coaching in games like this because you know you need this one big time play late ( DeLoach Clemson), but it never came because right now we don’t have that GUY on D. I’m sick of all the trip shit. We gave up so many YAC is sickening.
Our D got to feel a little bit of how teams felt playing us last yr. Farmer and Jackson were unbelievably underwhelming and in effective. Coach HS you always have at least one Big A$$ Boy that you send in for GL or Short yardage. His single job is don’t let them move him. Like a giant paper weight. You don’t need that from your 2’s much less your 1’s. We will see if Peyton is what we hoped. Not overly impressed with MJjr. Our LBs are going to cost this D so many big 3rd and whatever. They are two easy to scheme up and beat. I understand why Riley was so easy to get and someone needs to tell Omar NOmar this season. Scheme, tbh if the guys played GAP sound which we didn’t and we they did they didn’t make the play. Our D will only go as far as Farmer and Jackson takes them. Secondary, jury still out.

Offense - The gut feeling about DJU when we got him was….. We have a QB who most likely won’t beat us or win us games. It wouldn’t be easy for any QB to make plays with their legs like JT. His mobility and big play ability masked weaknesses on last yr. DJU’s mobility is on par with a paralyzed rabbit. Look, he might cost a game, but he won’t win us one either. GT DC stacked the box committed to more hats than blockers. This stifled the run and stop the pass because DJU not known for his short to intermediate passing ability. We def need TE. 6 was a big loss. I wish we hit more HB/TE/Wr screens / slips to slow things down and quick throws across the middle when Wr filled the blitzing LB or S.

Coaching - You have to wonder if Atkins not being there didn’t have an impact on the play calling. Yes, CMN calls the plays but every good coach will say I’m only as good as my assistants. I feel like it impacted more than we know.

CMN - Man I’ll be honest being in the position he was in.
1) No OC
2) Veteran QB you bring in to be the glue and fill a leadership spot.
3) Season opener and DJU hasn’t done a single thing to put us in position to win. He isn’t a big play threat knowing this I feel like after 3Qs he more than gave DJU a shot to do something. He should have went to Glenn at minimum to 2 series. I don’t see us being a very good offense for the long haul.

Special- 🫡 🫡
Conclusion - Easy to panic and lose faith , Easy to give up on certain players. If we had a L to give that’s it. We need those 1 or 2 Dawgs step up on each side of the ball. This team and season will go as our QBs take them. What we saw isn’t going to keep showing up I promise and I say that because I know Norvell and staff are not a staff that will allow it. This is when having a culture set is imperative.

Reactions: bcherod
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.