ADVERTISEMENT

My take away from day 1 practice reports.

summit2001

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Apr 28, 2003
Not much to take away from RB's, OL, DL as mentioned in the reports so, we can get a small look at QB's, DB's, WR's, and TE's.

I saw a quite a few phrases like "made some contested catches" or "allowed some catches but made life hard for WR's"

I feel like this is exactly what we would hope to see, and far ahead of what we could hope for in day 1. In my opinion it sounds like we didn't see a ton of balls in the dirt, sailed passes, wide open receivers due to blown coverage, dropped balls, missed routes. . .etc.

If day one is a lot of defenders just missing int's, but the pass going for a completion, or a DB right in a WR's hip pocket, but he is able to make the catch, or a DB making a great play on a nicely thrown ball to bat it away at the last second, then I feel like it was (as Borat might put it) "Great Success."

If practices look like that early on, then the competitive spirit will really allow them to help each other improve, and hopefully when they play a team with lesser ability, they should be able to really take advantage of the growth they were able to achieve by going against top talent.

I know, I am always pretty optimistic, but I was very encouraged by the initial practice reports and was happy we didn't read a ton of errant passes and dropped balls. . .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.