ADVERTISEMENT

NBA thread

Pacers look like they hate each other, the coach, and pretty much everyone.
Still can't see them being upset early in playoffs but what a strange decline in Indiana.

I hope Phoenix makes the playoffs they've been a lot of fun to watch, really selfless core.

Charlotte is a nice story too, about time.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Pacers look like they hate each other, the coach, and pretty much everyone.
Still can't see them being upset early in playoffs but what a strange decline in Indiana.

Very strange.

Heat beat Pacers to grab 1 seed, and predictably the chemistry killer Wade destroys the 1 by playing no D and working on his offense. Lebron and the Cavs are a mess no set lineups and insane injuries all year I'm really not sure how they'll do.
No matter the outcome I'd be shocked if a Lebron stays with the Miami Cavs since Wade has said he deserves Kobe money. Haha

WOO-HOO!!!! Mavericks are in the playoffs.

Now I have a reason to watch the playoffs (not that I probably wouldn't anyway). Of course now it is either the Spurs of Thunder we will meet. Neither one a good one to face. I will hope for OK since we have not beaten SA even once in the last 9 games over two plus seasons.

Well done Mavs. Still hoping for Suns miracle but probably too late for last spot.

Tanking this week should be interesting as teams try to set matchups or help lottery

Woo hoo, the Rockets got the 4 seed and swept the season series vs the Spurs!

Nets about to throw two games just announced so they can finisher in 6 spot, instead of 5. Now they'd get Raptors and the team they were assembled to try and beat, the Heat. All that to miss the Bulls in round 1? A little surprised even if Bulls are amazing defensive team.

Well the Mavericks really blew that one. Ellis had no chance to make that wild shot. Now the question is will the Mavs even win one game against the Spurs? My guess is maybe. It would not surprise me if we didn't win one game.

Playoffs are set. Pretty easy favorite this year with the Spurs, haven't heard many pick anyone else.

First Round out west I don't think shaped up as exciting as many were hoping for. I actually think East series may last longer on average.

Bill mentioned Mavs, not a good matchup for them vs Spurs, hope they can win a few and get those legs a little more tired. Spurs in 5.

Clippers are a lot better than the Warriors and that was with Bogut, that will probably be a quick series. Clips in 5.

Rockets/Blazers will be the most fun to watch, both up tempo and neither plays any defense, i don't think Blazers can win 4 but they could definitely win a few games. Rockets in 6.

Grizz Thunder, i actually think Grizz can make them work for it if they can control the boards and keep Durant from his insane free throw totals. Thunder in 6.

In east, Nets successfully tanked to get Raptors, but be careful what you wish for. The raptors are a good home team and brooklyn a bad road team. If raports can play fast early in games and hold home court first 2, i think Nets could be ripe. I'll still say Nets in 7.

Charlotte is red hot but doesn't have the horses, Heat usually start post season lethargically on offense, so might lose a game early until they get a healthy rotation going. Heat in 5.

Atlanta can win a game or two, simply because Pacers are playing horribly. That would be awesome if Hawks steal a road game early, pacers might implode. Pacers in 6.

Bulls/Wiz, one of few tough match ups for Bulls, Wiz can be deadly if they hit 3's. Bulls in 6 is my guess.

So excited for these playoffs to start!! Should be awesome.

Spurs in 4
Rockets in 7
Clips in 6
Thunder in 5

Pacers in 5
Bulls in 6
Nets in 6
Heat in 5

Originally posted by DFSNOLE
The Pacers are just a mess right now.
You said it...what the heck was that today? They need to get it together fast or they are in big trouble. If the Bulls can get past Washington (and I think they will) I think they have a great shot at beating Indy. That is to say that they turn it around and beat the Hawks first!

Interesting first weekend. Even though Toronto lost, considering they couldn't make a 3 and Derozen was awful they were still tied with 3 minutes left. Raptors can absolutely beat these Nets.

Spurs slow start like the Clippers but they held on.

Hawks didn't even play that well. Must win game 2 for Pacers.

The usual choke job in the 4th qtr that has showed its head far too many times for the Mavericks this season.

Thought Grizz would fold after choking away foul shots to force OT vs Thunder, but they pulled it out. Durant hit a great 3 but i'm still trying to understand why he got a foul shot too?
I've noticed that late in games that Durant/Westbrook only pass to each other? I'd be surprised if Grizz coaches don't start picking up on that. In the last 6 minutes and overtime last night i'm not sure a Thunder player outside Durant/Westbrook took a shot other than the Perkins tip in at buzzer. That's crazy.

Curious how Indiana, Toronto, and Chicago respond tonight, none can afford 2-0 hole.

Anyone see the horrible flagrant Mcroberts had on Lebron late last night? That was crazy and not even reviewed. Scary and violent. League better suspend him.

Blazers up 2-0, crazy. Harden back to his usual playoff bricking and Aldridge becoming a superstar.

I missed Spurs debacle, surprising score line. Bellinelli with a -31.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com

This post was edited on 4/24 7:00 AM by kooterridesagain

Mavs simply played better than SA. More aggressive and forced SA into a ton of turnovers. Ginobli was the only one doing anything on offense. Duncan touched theball just five times. They won't let that happen again.

At least we won't be swept.

Since I was watching the Mavs I missed the McRoberts (who looks terrible with that doo and beard btw) foul.

Not going to comment about the Spurs, but damn am I impressed with Memphis! Never would have guessed they'd be up 2-1. They look dominant, as good as any team right now. I like them overall, if the Spurs can't make the finals, I'll happily jump on the Grizzlies bandwagon.

I think both. Grizz tried to blow last two games but they responded with big plays. Impressive resolve. If they could put together a full game no drama would be needed late. They get up and play not to lose you can't do that. Durant/Westbrook are ignoring their stellar cast but if they figure that out they can respond. Hope grizz keep it up.

Hawks look like they're starting to realize they can win the series. I don't think they believed that after game 1. A win in game 4 and the pacers home crowd might boo them most of game 5.

On top of the Hawks knowing they can win, the Pacers appear to have resolved themselves to a series loss. The fallout, if Indiana does lose, will be interesting.

Agreed.
Mcroberts got a flagrant 2 and fine post game. Better late than never

What a game out in Portland last night! Good adjustments by McHale to play Asik and Howard and putting Troy Daniels in the rotation. Moves definitely paid off! Still an uphill battle for Houston, but hopefully they can keep playing better defense on Aldridge like they did last night.

Originally posted by Bobcat07:
What a game out in Portland last night! Good adjustments by McHale to play Asik and Howard and putting Troy Daniels in the rotation. Moves definitely paid off! Still an uphill battle for Houston, but hopefully they can keep playing better defense on Aldridge like they did last night.
35 shots thrown up by Harden. He's a world class gunner.

Hawks look like they're starting to realize they can win
the series. I don't think they believed that after game 1. A win in
game 4 and the pacers home crowd might boo them most of game 5.

And the Hawks today have already taken Indiana's best shot and taken the lead back at the half. Pacers have reverted back to their lackluster play.

Originally posted by Bill From Tampa:
Hawks look like they're starting to realize they can win
the series. I don't think they believed that after game 1. A win in
game 4 and the pacers home crowd might boo them most of game 5.

And the Hawks today have already taken Indiana's best shot and taken the lead back at the half. Pacers have reverted back to their lackluster play.
Not so fast, my friend. Looks like the Pacers had a little something left in reserve. Hawks still should have won, but gave up too many TO's, and combined with actual effort from Indiana, the series is tied.

Prolly the death knell for Atlanta. Good try, but they don't have the Pacers talent yet. I do think the new coach is the real deal, though.

Yup hawks blew it.

Heat flexing A game for first time in months.

Grizz let hype go to their head. Durant and Westbrook were atrocious but the grizz were even worse.

Hope raptors can make it a long series today

I am somewhat surprised the Wizards are handling the Bulls somewhat easily. Certainly today anyway.

Nowitzki looks 50, what happened to him?

Hawks nice win but still expect Pacers to win in Atlanta, been back and forth series.

Originally posted by kooterridesagain:
Nowitzki looks 50, what happened to him?
Mavs rode him hard and put him out wet. He's not getting the Duncan treatment of letting him maximize his miles in his later years.

I will say that last night Dirk got the star treatment early in the game. When they stopped calling ticky tack fouls on every shot, the Spurs pulled away. Dallas adjusted and made a big comeback. Even before the Spurs lead grew in the 2nd and 3rd, they started an abysmal 2 for 9 and missed 3 layups. Still, Dallas couldn't pull away early.

Looking forward to Game 5. Not sure which Spurs team is going to show up, but it's clear home court doesn't matter in this series.

He was inform last night. But the problem was defense as it has all season long.They could not stop the Spurs at all.

Hawks are just a terrible home team I think they like the road atmosphere more. Replay of game 4.

They've out up a good fight but I don't expect pacers to implode one last time in a game 7.

Grizz couldn't hit the side of a barn, gifted thunder a game 7 at home. Brick after wide open brick.

Go Raptors! Would love to see the all star nets shocked at home

Big question is will Paul George get suspended for coming off the bench during the scuffle last night. Granted, he wasn't far from the bench but he was as far as others that have been suspended in the past. If he's not, the conspiracy theorist will be out in full force.

Originally posted by DFSNOLE:
Big question is will Paul George get suspended for coming off the bench during the scuffle last night. Granted, he wasn't far from the bench but he was as far as others that have been suspended in the past. If he's not, the conspiracy theorist will be out in full force.

And you can count me among them.

Me too I've seen those suspensions for just a few feet like that. It's usually a zero tolerance rule. Doubt it's enforced

Have at it.

INDIANAPOLIS -- Indiana's Paul George got the best birthday news he could have hoped for Friday -- he will play in Game 7 against Atlanta on Saturday.

There was some question as to whether the All-Star starter would be
suspended after he took two steps off the bench and toward an
altercation between Indiana's Mike Scott just before halftime of the Pacers' 95-88 Game 6 win Thursday night.

League officials decided not to punish George, Hill, Scott, Pacers backup Rasual Butler or any of the Hawks players who also stepped onto the court.

Both teams should be as close to 100 percent as possible for the series finale.

NBA wants the Pacers to win!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT