ADVERTISEMENT

Need a New Show to Binge Watch

DanC78

Veteran Seminole Insider
Aug 29, 2003
Just knocked out Narcos...thought it was good.

Was thinking The Wire....but there is something about that show that isnt appealing, don't know why.

Was also thinking Fargo, but can't find season 1 streaming anywhere.

I've already watched

SOA
Breaking Bad
GOT

Was thinking The Wire....but there is something about that show that isnt appealing, don't know why.

I've already watched

SOA
Breaking Bad
GOT

If you haven't seen The Shield I highly rec that as an older show.

Hell on Wheels?
Longmire?

Ha Ha there are two men in my office who have started binge watching Downton Abbey for heavens sakes! They've finally admitted that it is not a girlie show as people thought it was.

My favorite show from the last year was Mr. Robot and I highly recommend it. Only one season so far. Other favorites/classics:
Lost
Band of Brothers
Six Feet Under
Justified
Sports Night
The Americans
Homeland (great first season, average after that)
Daredevil

Strike Back
Sherlock (BBC)
Peaky Blinders
Homeland
Justified
Spartacus
Luther (BBC)
The Killing
The Bridge (US)
Life
The Americans
Ray Donavan
The Fall
Marco Polo
The Unit
Whitechapel
NCIS
The Strain
Dark Angel (for 20 yr. old billionaire Jessica Alba)
Numbers
Firefly( for Brazilian Morena Baccarin and ballet dancer Summer Glau)
L Word (for Sara Shahi scenes)

My wife and I watched all 4 seasons of Longmire and we're about to get through every episode of Blue Bloods. We both have Amazon Prime so we'll probably pick back up on Justified.

With or without clothes? I'm trying to determine if I should add this show to my list anytime soon.

Unfortunately, no shower scenes....it's a pretty nerdy show. The recommendation was tongue-and-cheek.

url

Last edited:
With or without clothes? I'm trying to determine if I should add this show to my list anytime soon.

man, that is a pretty lady.

My recommendations for or HBO, etc.

The Leftovers was fun on HBO.
Luthor on NFLX
Justified - I need to watch it / only watched the first few seasons, but it was great.
Spartacus / agree / before the one actor died.
The Americans - Im going to check this one out /so many people say its awesome.
Deadwood on HBO was really good.
Banshee on Cinemax is just so friggen good, clean, dirty violent entertainment.

I've already watched

SOA
Breaking Bad
GOT
I know opinions differ on it but I am really enjoying Gotham. I started watching it when it was added to Netflix a month or so ago and I am almost caught up now. I think I am 1 or 2 episodes behind in season 2.

Just google her name and nude scene. She did a bunch on Homeland and while I still watch Homeland it's not worth getting all caught up with. It's just C for Ceptable.
Homeland is very quickly becoming absurd. I wish more shows would only be 2-3 seasons instead of dragging out more ridiculous scenarios.

agree / the idea of shows that have a finite lifespan is appealing. Tell the tale you want to tell and be done. The new Heroes Reborn, for example, is a 13 episode run or something like that. Tell the story you want and don't worry about leaving other story lines open, etc..

I know opinions differ on it but I am really enjoying Gotham. I started watching it when it was added to Netflix a month or so ago and I am almost caught up now. I think I am 1 or 2 episodes behind in season 2.

Yeah I'm not a huge Gotham fan. It's my least favorite comic book show on that survived (I loved the character and actor on Constantine but the writing on that show was terrible).

On a scale of 1-10, I'd give the currently existing comic book shows:

Daredevil - Perfect 10. Not my favorite show on TV as Fargo and GOT still exist but definitely in my top five.

The Walking Dead - 9. Not a superhero show but based on the comics. Not my favorite show but probably top 10 or thereabouts.

Flash - 7. It's got a CW budget but the characters are likeable and its not afraid of showing its kiddie comic book roots.

Arrow - 6.5. More "serious" than the Flash and still hemmed in by a CW budget but a solid show.

Peggy Carter - 6.5. I like it a little better than AOS, but nowhere near what Netflix showed MCU tv shows could become.

iZombie - 6. It barely counts as its not very closely related to the comic that bares its name but a decently funny show that is wellcast. Basically a stripped down Buffy/Angel ripoff, but solid work.

Agents of Shield - 6. Decent show, the casting is questionable and it hasn't hit the right tone between funny, serious and comic booky for me. It's close but always slightly..."off".

Fear the Walking Dead - 6. Hopefully season two will take off.

Gotham - 4. I absolutely hate baby Batman and everything to do with him. That whole storyline with baby Catwoman, Alfred and anything to do with baby Batman just has me rolling my eyes. And Fish was maybe the worst villain ever shown on any superhero show and that's including the Cape. The only reason I haven't completely given up on it is Gordon, his sidekick and the Penguin are absolutely terrific and most of their storylines have been decent. But gah....that turn they gave Barbara was just laugh out loud horrible writing and acting. I'm about two more bad episodes from just deleting it from my DVR.

I haven't seen Powers yet.

As far as upcoming comic book shows (and there is a ton, so expect shows like Gotham to die in the upcoming carnage), Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, Luke Cage and Defenders look like they will be amazing and after Daredevil Netflix has my 100% confidence. I'm not sold on Supergirl, the main actress looks like Super girl next door not an actual superheroic human (aka gorgeous and looking like she could kick rump) and the show has been described as Devil Wears Prada meets Superman so....we'll see. Legends of Tomorrow looks like it will be decent as does Lucifer and Hellfire. I'm not holding out hope that Titans, Preacher, Damage Control or Krypton will be even tolerable.

yeah, probably a c cup.

Well I was talking about the show not her specifically....but she's definitely one of those women who look better with clothes than without. She looks stunning, like a sophisticated sex kitten with clothes. Without...well I was going to say looks like a 12 yo old boy with some slightly saggy but definitely underwhelming boobs added on, but this is the LR so that would probably be viewed as a great compliment.

I'm about to fly to Spain next week, and I'm going to download Season 1 of The Strain for the plane ride. Looking forward to it based on the reviews I've heard/read.

I'm about halfway through Mr. Robot and like that a lot. Also a huge fan of The Americans.

Watched a few episodes of Mr Robot last night.

Not bad. Gets a little dark at times and sometimes seems to go no where, but still a good show! Thanks for the recommendation.

We are goon to check out Red Oaks as well...looks funny.

Just watched S1E1 and S1E2 last night (Netflix DVD) based on a thread I saw here recently where Tribe and (I believe) NoleLou recommeded it. Wow! So so good. Hit up the DVR today like Luke Skywalker working on the moisture farm vaporators to start DVR'ing S2 in case it ends on-demand before I plow through S1.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Just watched S1E1 and S1E2 last night (Netflix DVD) based on a thread I saw here recently where Tribe and (I believe) NoleLou recommeded it. Wow! So so good. Hit up the DVR today like Luke Skywalker working on the moisture farm vaporators to start DVR'ing S2 in case it ends on-demand before I plow through S1.

The good news is that so far Season Two has been just as good. I was nervous after True Detective Season 1 was so great but then Season 2 was just absolutely terrible. But Fargo didn't jump the shark that quickly, Season 2 has been terrific.

Reactions: HulaNole
The good news is that so far Season Two has been just as good. I was nervous after True Detective Season 1 was so great but then Season 2 was just absolutely terrible. But Fargo didn't jump the shark that quickly, Season 2 has been terrific.

Can you watch Season 2 if you haven't seen season 1?

Can you watch Season 2 if you haven't seen season 1?

Yeah no problem. The two seasons and the movie are really only related by tone (vicious violence in the polite Midwest). There is a little connection in that one of the two main cops in season two is the father of the main cop in season one. And there's another little connection in that one of the characters in Season one became rich because he found the bag of money from the movie. Other than that they are entirely unrelated with completely different actors and characters.

Reactions: RPMNole
Unfortunately, no shower scenes....it's a pretty nerdy show. The recommendation was tongue-and-cheek.

url

I loved this very short lived show. With all the crap on TV over the years, I still can not believe this one died such an early death. Maybe it was the combination of future/western and sci-fi/comedy that kept it from getting off the ground but imo it was unique and extremely well done.

Quick Update

I've watched three episodes of Red Oaks. Great show, makes me want to be young again. Thanks for the suggestion Cups! Also have watched a few episodes of Mr Robot. Definitely a good show. Has a Fight Club feel to it. We are enjoying it. Only watching two episodes of it night. Should be finished up by this weekend.

Forgot to mention that I've also seen Bloodline, Homeland, Dexter, Orange is new Black, House of Cards and prolly more that I'm forgetting.

I'll do Fargo season two soon. It's on demand, we'll let as many air as possible before we watch.

We are watching Project Green Light on HBO btw. Highly recommend for those who haven't seen...pretty cool insight into making a low budget film.

My pops highly recommends Narcos. We lived for a short time in Bogota during Pablo's reign...crazy time.

Manhattan. Halfway through season 1 right now and season 2 just premiered a couple weeks ago. It's on WGN America. Good show about the creation of the atomic bomb.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT