ADVERTISEMENT

Neptune Society

On a serious note. I have overseen a number of ash scatterings. They make a cool container for the remains now out of paper mâché or some sort of plaster. It floats for a few minutes on top of the water before sinking and makes for a nice burial at sea. I highly recommend that if you are going to be scattered at sea. They also can put custom pictures or designs on it. Normally the ashes come in a plastic box of the family doesn't order or provide an urn or other container.

Also the burial at sea is a lot less melancholy than a traditional burial. I guess this is due to there being a time gap between the funeral and burial, and the sea is a much more calming place than a cemetery. It tends to be less about the families loss and more of a celebration of their loved ones life.

On a serious note. I have overseen a number of ash scatterings. They make a cool container for the remains now out of paper mâché or some sort of plaster. It floats for a few minutes on top of the water before sinking and makes for a nice burial at sea. I highly recommend that if you are going to be scattered at sea. They also can put custom pictures or designs on it. Normally the ashes come in a plastic box of the family doesn't order or provide an urn or other container.

Also the burial at sea is a lot less melancholy than a traditional burial. I guess this is due to there being a time gap between the funeral and burial, and the sea is a much more calming place than a cemetery. It tends to be less about the families loss and more of a celebration of their loved ones life.
Thanks...that makes a lot of sense

My Mom and Stepfather signed up for it. Based on what they told me, once one passes, you just notify them and they make all the arrangements. Interestingly, my mom and stepdad are going to put to sea at different places. Mom: on the way to Catalina Island like her father; Stepdad: Lake Havasu. It is consistent with their agnostic beliefs in the afterlife.

I don't care what they do with me when I'm dead.
This is consistent with my jedi beliefs.

I suspect your neighbors will....a decaying human body can get pretty funky.

33321537.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT