ADVERTISEMENT

***Netflix Thread***

12Nole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Nov 21, 2013
Give us some of your favorite documentaries, tv series, & movies that we should watch.

If you didn't watch the first season of Daredevil, watch it quick. The second season is about to come out. Also, Jessica Jones is really good, too.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Netflix, smetflix. Get a fire TV and Kodi and watch pretty much anything and everything for free. That being said I have heard daredevil and House of Cards is pretty good. I just got my fire TV a few months back so I am catching up on old series I never watched. Just finished sopranos. Now started breaking bad. Also caught up on some movies that I hadn't seen. Takes a little work to get set up and find the right streams but since it is free it is worth it to me. Also many of the movies still in theatres there are feeds for. It's pretty awesome.

Netflix, smetflix. Get a fire TV and Kodi and watch pretty much anything and everything for free. That being said I have heard daredevil and House of Cards is pretty good. I just got my fire TV a few months back so I am catching up on old series I never watched. Just finished sopranos. Now started breaking bad. Also caught up on some movies that I hadn't seen. Takes a little work to get set up and find the right streams but since it is free it is worth it to me. Also many of the movies still in theatres there are feeds for. It's pretty awesome.

Did you buy the Firestick already jail broken or did you do it yourself?

Also if you haven't already watched it you need to start watching The Wire.

I don't watch comic book theme movies or shows at all. If I watch Daredevil, will I miss anything because I do not follow those types of movies, or can I just start watching without having to know any background?

I don't watch comic book theme movies or shows at all. If I watch Daredevil, will I miss anything because I do not follow those types of movies, or can I just start watching without having to know any background?

You don't need to know anything really other than this...Daredevil is a blind attorney who has superhearing which beats ordinary vision, was trained as a ninja and seems to have his dad's ability to take a ridiculous beating that would knock out or kill ordinary people (he is NOT impervious to harm like superman or Luke cage nor does he have superfast healing factor like Deadpool or Wolverine, he's just got a good, high level ordinary human chin and ninja level martial arts training). Other than that, you need to know nothing else.

Not at all. The series gives you the background and builds the character up completely. Daredevil is fantastic and excellently done. You can go in not knowing a thing and learn as you watch.

Give us some of your favorite documentaries, tv series, & movies that we should watch.

Definitely watch the Netflix original series Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Marco Polo, Kimmy Schmidt, and Master of None.

And catch up if you haven't already on Cosmos, Ancient Black Ops, Spartacus, the Guild, Arrested Development, and the Tudors.

Last edited:
Did you buy the Firestick already jail broken or did you do it yourself?

Also if you haven't already watched it you need to start watching The Wire.
I got the fire tv and sideloaded kodi myself. A jailbreak isn't necessary at this time. Got the fire tv as it has a faster processor and more memory than the firestick. Yeah I will watch the wire too.

Reactions: 12Nole
Dexter if you haven't seen it. Even the later seasons. All great...

Definitely watch the Netflix original series Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Marco Polo, Kimmy Schmidt, and Master of None.

And catch up if you haven't already on Cosmos, Ancient Black Ops, Spartacus, the Guild, Arrested Development, and the Tudors.

Didn't make it to the end of Marco Polo - not sure why. It was pretty darned good. I would add Sense8. That show starts a bit slowly but picks up steam for a great season 1 conclusion.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
the imposter...... and ..... the devil in daniel johnston ..... were documentaries recommended in a similar thread that i saw.... both were excellent.....

I liked going back and watching Lost and Sons of Anarchy without commercials. Forgot about lots of things in those shows. I liked the Netflix Series Bloodline as well.

House of Cards is really good. Very addicting show. Im thinking about taking the Sense8 plunge but haven't yet. Netflix is better for their original programming these days than it is for movies. So many movies aren't on their streaming service.

Ninja lawyer?!?
NOW I know why you love this show...

Yep, plus I wear glasses so I'm half blind. I don't have his ability to hear witnesses heart skip a beat when lying, that would be a huge help in my practice.

House of Cards is really good. Very addicting show. Im thinking about taking the Sense8 plunge but haven't yet. Netflix is better for their original programming these days than it is for movies. So many movies aren't on their streaming service.

We have been watching House of Cards for the past several weeks and are currently in the middle of season 3. Yes, it is very addicting. During the winter, we watched all six seasons of Nurse Jackie. It was very entertaining.

Currently in the 4th season of "Homeland". Very good. "Breaking Bad" and "Justified" are fantastic. We do streaming and discs by mail.
Not even sure if "Justified" is available on Netflix. Timothy Oliphant stars as a U.S.deputy marshall. He was in "Deadwood" if you saw that.

Currently in the 4th season of "Homeland".

Not available on Netflix, but still very good. We've haulted after the season 5 premiere. The season 4 finale was epically terrible after a wonderful season. Dexter series finale level bad. And the season 5 premiere didn't really win me back over.

I've noticed with this series, that each season starts terribly slow. I'm hoping 5 does that also when I decide to crank it back up.

I got the fire tv and sideloaded kodi myself. A jailbreak isn't necessary at this time. Got the fire tv as it has a faster processor and more memory than the firestick. Yeah I will watch the wire too.

There's nothing you need to do with jailbreaking that you can't easily do yourself.

FireTVs aren't jailbroken anyway, they're rooted, and it's really not necessary for 99% of what you want to do. Just get the FireTV, sideload Kodi and go from their.

I rooted mine, and the only thing I've used root for was so that I load straight to a custom Kodi screen. But most people don't. Most of what is advertised on Ebay as "jailbroken" is just loaded with what you can load yourself. It's kind of a scam to sell a $99 device for $299.

There's nothing you need to do with jailbreaking that you can't easily do yourself.

FireTVs aren't jailbroken anyway, they're rooted, and it's really not necessary for 99% of what you want to do. Just get the FireTV, sideload Kodi and go from their.

I rooted mine, and the only thing I've used root for was so that I load straight to a custom Kodi screen. But most people don't. Most of what is advertised on Ebay as "jailbroken" is just loaded with what you can load yourself. It's kind of a scam to sell a $99 device for $299.

Yep that's all i did was side loaded Kodi. I didn't root it and don't fell the need to. I also loaded Firestarter so I have shortcuts on my remote to launch kodi. Overall I have been very pleased. There is so much content available.

Not available on Netflix, but still very good. We've haulted after the season 5 premiere. The season 4 finale was epically terrible after a wonderful season. Dexter series finale level bad. And the season 5 premiere didn't really win me back over.

I've noticed with this series, that each season starts terribly slow. I'm hoping 5 does that also when I decide to crank it back up.

We get discs by mail from Netflix

Bloodline - Series
Daredevil - Series
Dear Zachary (this documentary will piss you off)
Hot Girls Wanted - Documentary
America the Story of Us - Documentary
Hatfields & McCoys - Mini-Series

Trailer Park Boys

What kills me about this show is they could have easily done this in the south. Yet this show is Canadian. I suppose trailer parks around the world share a common bond.

Brothers in War was an excellent documentary I recently watced on Netflix:

Through gripping first-person accounts and digitally remastered archival footage, including the soldiers' own home movies and personal audio tapes, Brothers in War recounts the harrowing combat experiences of the men of Charlie Company - one of the last American combat infantry companies to be drafted, trained and sent to fight together in Vietnam. The two-hour special is fittingly narrated by Charlie Sheen, who rose to stardom after his 1986 performance as a Vietnam soldier in "Platoon."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3595312/

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/galleries/the-boys-of-67/at/charlie-sheen-reads-2080554/

Watched Daredevil Season 2 over the weekend. It was as good as I expected.

agree - this one was a step up from the first season. Agree with the earlier post about the guy who plays Fisk - he was excellent. Also, the guy who played the Punisher (same guy as the guy from The Walking Dead) was also very good. Elektra left me a bit flat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT