ADVERTISEMENT

Neuralink hopes to start implanting its brain chips in humans in 2022

Dhersh

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 10, 2019
Linky

An interesting piece of technology which has shown promise in primates.

Neuralink is developing a chip that would be implanted in people's brains to simultaneously record and stimulate brain activity. It is intended to have medical applications such as treating serious spinal cord injuries and neurological disorders.

• Sad
Reactions: SteveT1
That will not be without a lot of controversy. Imagine the headlines of thought recording chip being developed to record and control peoples thoughts. Cant wait.

I don't believe it has anything to do with people's thoughts

images

Reactions: fsukenny
A group of people are in Dallas still waiting for JFK Jr. to rise from the dead to start a galactic empire. People will 100% believe this is mind control.
Moon landing, flat earth, Russian collusion, global warming, election tampering, covid hoax ect... you could go on for days with what people think. Wouldn't be a stretch to get folks on this bus either.

Linky

Neuralink is developing a chip that would be implanted in people's brains to simultaneously record and stimulate brain activity. It is intended to have medical applications such as treating serious spinal cord injuries and neurological disorders.
How fascinating! I will be reading up on this. It’s not something I would need, but it ties into something I was talking about with some of the trauma folks just the other day. When you have multiple traumas that all compete with each other in terms of your ability to move or accomplish any kind of goal, and you’re in so much pain all the time and it just doesn’t seem like you’re going to make it, I asked why they don’t simply put somebody under and keep them on her for a few weeks to get past all of the main things. She said that there really aren’t physical reasons not to do it, but you can’t do it because of the brain atrophy. I’ve never thought about that aspect. She said things have to be just about impossible to accomplish before they would want to do that kind of limitation. However, I really wonder if these kind of things work down the road if they could start new treatment protocols where with catastrophic injuries they could simply put somebody under and use something like this to continue stimulating the brain to avoid that risk. I know it has to be a lot more complicated than that, but for me it’s an interestingly timed announcement of technology I did not have any clue we were anywhere near.

How fascinating! I will be reading up on this. It’s not something I would need, but it ties into something I was talking about with some of the trauma folks just the other day. When you have multiple traumas that all compete with each other in terms of your ability to move or accomplish any kind of goal, and you’re in so much pain all the time and it just doesn’t seem like you’re going to make it, I asked why they don’t simply put somebody under and keep them on her for a few weeks to get past all of the main things. She said that there really aren’t physical reasons not to do it, but you can’t do it because of the brain atrophy. I’ve never thought about that aspect. She said things have to be just about impossible to accomplish before they would want to do that kind of limitation. However, I really wonder if these kind of things work down the road if they could start new treatment protocols where with catastrophic injuries they could simply put somebody under and use something like this to continue stimulating the brain to avoid that risk. I know it has to be a lot more complicated than that, but for me it’s an interestingly timed announcement of technology I did not have any clue we were anywhere near.
Just an update on this technology

Linky

Linky

Yeah, but do you have to get the Covid vaccine to get the Neuralink implant?

LOL.

Reactions: evgoodwin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT