ADVERTISEMENT

Niceville/Destin/Fort Walton Beach

I have a house in navarre and its a really nice quiet place between Gulf Breeze and Ft. Walton.

I lived in Navarre through my jr high and high school years. Went to FWBHS. The went to FSU the to Tampa, back to Tally, and back to Navarre. Moved to Texas from Navarre 12 years ago.

My mom lives in Santa Rosa Beach and my in-laws live in FWB. Just depends on where you want to live and how much you want to spend @DrillSergeant Porter. Niceville is a good spot, used to be the sticks when I was going to school. Crestview is a nice area, and Defuniak Springs seems to be a spot people are starting to migrate to. My mom just bought some land up there. She’s been in real estate for about 100 years in the area.

Anyone from this area of Florida? My wife and I are looking to relocate there and would love any recommendations on areas to live or if there are any booster clubs in the area and where they get together to watch games? Thank you and Go Noles!

Lived In Destin since 1983. Dad retired Army in 1962 Walton County. Seen a lot. Kelly Plantation great place in Destin to live. Son lives there. We live on Indian Trail on Bay. Yes Destin is crowded in Summer but what beach town isn’t. If you move to Niceville, FWB (which is “dead”) or elsewhere you will be driving to Destin for the shopping, restaurants and beach. I also hate the traffic but love Destin despite the tourists. An absolutely great place in the Fall. New High school about to open in Fall.
I

Anyone from this area of Florida? My wife and I are looking to relocate there and would love any recommendations on areas to live or if there are any booster clubs in the area and where they get together to watch games? Thank you and Go Noles!
I was stationed at Tyndall AFB in Panama City from 2003-2008 and the former in-laws are from the Ft Walton area. Panama City is on the cheaper end of that whole spectrum since Hurricane Michael. Ft Walton Beach is pretty nice, but starting to get pricy...Destin is on the higher end of the spectrum. Even Niceville is getting expensive. Depending on where you want to be I would recommend Crestview. It is close to I-10 and is growing. Schools are ok depending on if you have children, but you are still close to Eglin AFB for all your needs regarding those services.

Freeport is growing fast and is still affordable (just added a new Publix if that tells you anything).
Freeport is not quite there yet but it could be there in maybe 10 to 20 years. I've known people who've lived out in a new development out there and they've complained a lot about being basically 20 to 30 minutes from everything they need. But Freeport definitely has a lot of potential.
Inlaws just built a house in Freeport - Windswept Estates. They like the space and the golf/club amenities. It is 20-30 away from most 98/30A entertainment(20 miles to Red Bar) but they're used to it since they're from PSJ and live part time in Franklin, NC.

Looking forward to having a spot over there for family stuff since my grandparents aren't in Ft. Walton anymore.

Inlaws just built a house in Freeport - Windswept Estates. They like the space and the golf/club amenities. It is 20-30 away from most 98/30A entertainment(20 miles to Red Bar) but they're used to it since they're from PSJ and live part time in Franklin, NC.

Looking forward to having a spot over there for family stuff since my grandparents aren't in Ft. Walton anymore.

Not a bad combo (Franklin/Walton Co)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT