ADVERTISEMENT

Non essential businesses shut down in Dade, Broward and Palm Beach

FSUDoles

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2005
LBTS
Tonight for Miami-Dade, tomorrow for Broward and Palm Beach....life as we know it in this new way of life becomes more Draconian tonight/tomorrow....at least here in Southeast Florida. I just can’t go to ABC liquor again....I have plenty of shelf temperature beer....but this is getting very real here. Good luck all....it is nice to have social interaction with you all....thank you.

Can't you buy beer at the grocery store?
Kroger and Tom Thumb parking lots here are still quite full.
Plenty of beer and wine. No peanut butter. :eek:

Can't you buy beer at the grocery store?
Kroger and Tom Thumb parking lots here are still quite full.
Plenty of beer and wine. No peanut butter. :eek:

Yes, beer and wine plentiful, but limited fridge space. Following the Nevada model, all liquor stores closed today, so for a variance, need to hit ABC manana, I’m hearing whispers of a nationwide 21 day in place quarantine. 30 mins a day for food or pharmacy.

Yes, beer and wine plentiful, but limited fridge space. Following the Nevada model, all liquor stores closed today, so for a variance, need to hit ABC manana, I’m hearing whispers of a nationwide 21 day in place quarantine. 30 mins a day for food or pharmacy.

The nationwide quarantine is disinformation by foreign operatives to induce panic and are false per WD admin.

Reactions: Random_John
The shift in our food delivery needs and consumption, is going to wreak havoc on food production/agriculture.

Well, the Governor of California just proposed it for his state...but I think there might be some real problems if it went nationwide.
WOLVERINES!! :eek:

giphy.gif

Reactions: goldmom
Well, the Governor of California just proposed it for his state...but I think there might be some real problems if it went nationwide.
WOLVERINES!! :eek:

This presents an interesting problem. On one hand this virus is highly concentrated in some areas, and therefore it makes sense to shut everything down. But on the other hand, in NY where my son lives, when word got out they may shut things down, many people left and went to back where they are from. Exporting the virus with them.

Damn I was hoping the South Florida heat would keep this thing down. Does not bode well for our summer up north making a big difference.

Damn I was hoping the South Florida heat would keep this thing down. Does not bode well for our summer up north making a big difference.

Before NYC shutdown, there was a mass exodus. A bunch of those people went down to south Florida. So hopefully what is happening down there is not indicative of the seasonality of the virus.

In Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach....has he ordered that in the other 64 Counties?

It literally takes a simple google search of the name "DeSantis." This would answer a lot more questions than someone on a message board would. Instead, you are still waiting for someone to say "yes, all counties." But yes, all counties.

He just ordered all restaurants shall provide take out and delivery service only; no seating at the restaurant.

I believe he did it due to simple statistics....the three counties account for over half of the state’s active cases....and to get these Spring Breakers and other people that don’t need to be here out of South Florida.

It literally takes a simple google search of the name "DeSantis." This would answer a lot more questions than someone on a message board would. Instead, you are still waiting for someone to say "yes, all counties." But yes, all counties.

Sorry, I missed it....I have been selfishly focused on Broward, where we live....thank you for the information. I didn’t get any alerts or updates on Sun Sentinel....

He’s not taking charge.

He has abdicated the calls for state workers to the commissioners. That’s nuts. A decision needs to be made for everyone. I can promise you the total lack of info to employees has created a ton of stress and lack of trust.

He’s gone to media claiming SB is done, but he hasn’t acted on that. We still had beaches open today. And all but south Florida is still open.

He is letting the state percolate before the inevitable shutdown and the delay is making it worse.

In Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach....has he ordered that in the other 64 Counties?

According to the local new here in Tallahassee, yes, all restaurants. I went to pick up some food yesterday after the mandate and the restaurants all agreed it was every establishment state-wide.

Reactions: FSUDoles
According to the local new here in Tallahassee, yes, all restaurants. I went to pick up some food yesterday after the mandate and the restaurants all agreed it was every establishment state-wide.
Can do curbside pickup. Call island wings. Sam will get you some food!

Reactions: FSUDoles
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT