ADVERTISEMENT

Offense in perspective. . .

summit2001

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Apr 28, 2003
The defense continues to appear to be winning most of the battles in practice, but in each report we hear about long drives being sustained, from what sounds like the starting offense at times. It continues to "feel" like the offense is making strides when placed in real football situations. The last practice the starters drove the field to kick a field goal in a two minute drill. Hearing sporadic success like that gets me excited about this offense. I just think in actual games, when the coaching staff really settles into what this offense has success with, and isn't worried about installing more or basically "practicing" they will find steady and consistent success against a defense that most of the time is going to be not quite as good as our second stringers, and definitely not as good as our starting 11 on defense.

Ask yourself how many points teams are going to score against us. . . Will this defense give up an average of 17 points per game? Will they win the turnover margin most games? Will there be enough big plays on offense to make up for the occasional errant throw or dropped pass? I think yes to all these questions.

I feel we will be shocked at how effective this offense is during the season even though they are not consistent in practice now. I also feel they will be able to play loose and aggressive because they will be able to trust that the defense will generally keep teams off the scoreboard most drives.

When the installation is finished, and the coaches have settled on the starting 11 on offense, I am super confident they will be a bear for defenses to contain on a consistent basis.

Drink up, Noles.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.